'Real Housewives' Dad

Drops Dead Suddenly in Backyard

6/18/2014 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0618_Frank-Guidice_teresa_giudice_frank_getty
update_graphic_red_bar
4:45 PM PT --
The Giudice's rep just told TMZ, "The ONLY focus of both Joe and Teresa is their family right now, especially the girls. No decisions about the court case or the show are being addressed today."
update_grey_gray_bar
"Real Housewives of New Jersey"
star Joe Giudice -- who is facing years in prison on fraud charges -- just got struck with a profound tragedy ... his dad just collapsed and died in Joe's garden.

Frank Giudice -- who also appears on "Real Housewives of New Jersey" along with Joe and Teresa -- was building a chicken coop in the garden when he fell to the ground.

We're told Frank had no apparent health issues.  Joe and Teresa believe he suffered a massive heart attack, but it's too early to tell.  EMTs are still at the house at the time this story was posted.

Frank was 63.

funkybarfly

Whether he had a massive heart attack or just died of shame......who knows? I suppose it's pretty sad if you give a sh*t.

DeezNutz

Although Joe deserves prison time, you gotta feel bad for the poor bastard . . .

baby

first thing id look and see if they took out an insurance policy on his father leaving them big stacks of cash. they are corrupt and i would not put anything past them.

klg

so was teresa on the phone with the tabloids before or after her call to 911

Lou

That what happen in the godfather

LetsBeReAL

I know someone else thought about the godfather when they read this. How he collapsed in the garden. Especially, because if you watch the show, it's an "alleged" mob related family lifestyle.

oneflypr

So sad..

Hugh Janus

Wow that's young, so sad!

47gaderider

Insurance money should definetly go to creditors

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

Who phoned this in? Never mind the sudden collapse. I have a serious toothache. I wouldn't be able to, make it to the dentist until Monday.

native squad

TMZ doesn't even say rest in peace...unbelievable...Rip frank

CCC

"Tattaglia was a pimp. He never could have outfought Santino. But I didn't know until this day that it was Barzini all along."

Don Vito Corleone

bring back recent posts

Ugh, how traumatic for the family. Well, if you have to go this is one way where I am sure he never knew what him. I'd take that. I hope the girls didn't witness this.

Kelly

It's actually better this way. Juicy will be able attend the funeral and all. I hope the larger family is fixed to look after the mum.

mseverlast