« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Aaron Hernandez

I'M IN DANGER

I Fear Retribution from Jail Staff

6/20/2014 3:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0620-aaron-hernandez-thomas-hodgson-getty-01Aaron Hernadez believes he's NOT SAFE inside Bristol County Jail ... claiming jail officers could be out to harm him ... and he's begging a judge to move him to another jail, STAT.

The former New England Patriots tight end just filed documents with the court asking to transfer to a jail located closer to Boston ... and his explanation for the request is very interesting.

In the docs, Hernandez notes that he's been accused of threatening to kill a corrections officer -- an allegation he denies -- but says he now fears possible retribution from jail staff at Bristol County.

"Surely, there is now reason to be seriously concerned about Hernandez's personal safety while housed at the Bristol County HOC and to question the ability of that facility's staff to treat Hernandez fairly and professionally while he is subject to their total control."

Aaron adds, "This dynamic is simply untenable."

In the docs, Hernandez also calls Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson a media whore -- who has been relentlessly exploiting Hernandez for "self-promotion and virtually non-stop publciity of every imaginable kind."

He claims Hodgson's actions are "poisoning the jury pool" -- and the only way to stop it is to move AH to another jail where "professional correctional standards are adhered to."

We spoke to Sheriff Hodgson who says Hernandez is full of crap -- "I have a staff that is very professional. They understand they’re dealing with a high-profile person and go the extra mile to ensure his safety, and other inmates’ safety."

Hodgson adds, "I’m VERY comfortable with how we've conducted ourselves."

We asked if his feelings would be hurt if the judge decided to transfer Hernandez -- and Hodgson simply responded, "Absolutely not."

The judge has yet to rule on Aaron's request. Stay tuned ... For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jan

Awwwww...poor baby...wish I could feel sorry for him:)

john flynn

LET HIM ROT BE SOMEONES MAN CANDY IN JAIL

Rigby

Lol hard to feel sorry for the guy who pissed away a football career and millions of dollars. Sit down

Na.na.na.na Booboo.....stick ya head in doodoo

Jeremy Meeks has nothing on this thug....killing people like there's nothing to it....sty in jail subhuman

ilah

I live in Bristol County. The sheriff is a media whore and will do anything for re-election. That being said, I think Aaron is just jealous that Jeremy Meeks is stealing all of the felon attention.....

sfrandiver

Boo Hoo, LOCK DOWN!!!

caribulou

Lets remember innocent til proven guilty.

Dog And Pony

Good.

Wow ...

I wonder how his victims felt? What comes around, goes around. Keep him there. Let him feel uncomfortable for a while.

EMB

Prison justice, sounds good to me.

DiM

Ugh, again with all of these Law & Order stories. Just team up with Nancy Grace already.
How come you aren't delivering celeb smut?

dee

I don't understand why he is so scared, he was suppose to be so BAD!

Msmassflex

I live in Bristol County . . . I believe Hernandez.

Steve

I thought you were super hard. Just when you murder three people and shoot another one in the face. The latter 2 being his friends.

01void

Ah so sad to bad like if anyone cares

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments