Dreamy McMug Shot

Mom Comes to His Defense

He's No Gangster!

6/20/2014 8:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Hot Mug Shot Guy Gangster
Jeremy Meeks -- aka Dreamy McMug Shot -- for sure does one thing well ... he makes good kids, and has a very loyal mom who says McMug is being stereotyped because of his old tattoos.

Meeks is currently being held on $900,000 bail for illegally possessing firearms and ammo, carrying a loaded firearm in public and criminal street gang activity.

His mother, Katherine Angier, is trying to raise money for bail using the website GoFundMe. She wrote, "Please help. My son was taken into custody on his way to work. He is a working man with a son. He is being stereotyped due to old tattoos."

She added, "He's my son and he is so sweet. Please help him to get a fair trial or else he'll be railroaded."

McMug's sister tells TMZ ... the only reason he carries guns is because he used to be in a gang and needs to protect himself.  And she says, he's been a practicing Christian for 7 years.

The D.A.'s office says Meeks is a known member of the Northside Gangster Crips ... which is why gang charges were also filed against him.

Angier is hoping to raise $25,000 for her son's bail ... but as of this posting, she's only received $238.

The kid is 3 years old. The mother is McMug's wife. They have been married for 4 years.

0619-jeremy-meeks-02
Check out the gallery below of a few shots of Jeremy through the years. Let's just say ... a haircut did the man wonders!

0620_jeremy_other_side_footer
0620_sexy_mug_shots_footer

FREEDOM

HE DESERVES THE ELECTRIC CHAIR.......ZZZZZ-ZTTT

xo3

Why did his mom choose pics where he's throwing up gang signs to portray him as a nice guy? His sister is representin' too lol. Thugs for life.

FREEDOM

TO GLORIFY THIS MAN SHOWS YOU HOW MANY SERIOUSLY IGNORANT PEOPLE THERE ARE IN AMERICA.

FREEDOM

HE HAS THE EYES OF THE DEVIL.

Cali~girl

Who the heck is this guy???

Kowny Krush

1) He ain't that hot. 2) Is this what it's come to? He's got a fcuking TEAR DROP on his face! Christ Almighty. 3) Watch and see: this guy will soon be getting modeling and TV talk show offers. What a screwed up mess everything is anymore.

Phony

And the section 8 whores go wild

Robin B

HE IS A TOTAL GANG BANGER AND WILL NEVER CHANGE, HMMMM GEE THE CLUE IS THAT HIS BAIL IS ALMOST A MILLION DOLLARS DAH JUS CAUSE HE HAS KIDS DONT MAKE HIM A GOOD GUY....... WAKE UP

The world is disgusting

Um, women, raise your expectations. "McDreamy"?! Uhg. This is disturbing.

mrmiller508

Who cares ppl get a life

alexhmelevsky

Wow you guys are ****ing terrible. Who is the real monster here? Him? Or you judgmental ****tards who think you know something... or someone....so tattoos make you a bad guy? Bitch I make right around a 100k a year I'm covered in tattoos and I've been to prison. My daughter is going to a major university on scholarship I was a **** WAS I still deal with **** from my past as it comes up notice I used my REAL NAME HERE I'm not concerned about hiding and talking **** about someone. Hell you people probably live half way normal lives by that I mean the norm now days is to live at mommy and daddy's house...Naw I moved when I was 18 to another state you don'thave a clue what someone has been through but your quick to judge him...it's sad honestly. And to the ratchet **** don't say **** about the man's kids...don't speak that evil on them saying they're going to be JOB SECURITY FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT. Wow you people living in your parents basements trolling the net for someone to bash your what's wrong with this country. You make it hard to be proud of MY COUNTRY....YOU JUDGE BUT I BET YOU ARE ALL CHRISTIANS HUH...BETTER PULL OUT THE GOOD BOOK AND START OVER. YOU DON'T HAVE THAT RIGHT TO JUDGE ANOTHER MAN....YOU'LL BE JUDGE AT THE GATE. PEACE.......... BLESS........... I AM ALEXANDER HMELEVSKY

Kell

TMZ is posting this mess.

Skeptic

Face and neck tats. Yuck. I saw him on the news and he doesn't look dreamy, he looked downright scary. Don't let the blue eyes fool ya. I personally have no clue if he's what they say he is, only God knows that but If he is ,I hope he cleans it up for that child.

K South West

Hes not a gangster just a person walking with an arsenal that can harm maime or kill an innocent bystanding child. Yes your child was born to be a posterkid and get shot in a grocery parking lot because someone cut this guy off on the road. Sexy. Fyi in arabia even the police don't carry guns. Report that us instead of beer drinking iraq

John

But he is a felon, so......