'Pit Bull Girl'

KFC Concludes

Story Is BOGUS

6/24/2014 1:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

KFC Pit Bull Girl Story

KFC is calling BS on  the "pit bull girl" who was allegedly turned away from one of its franchises because customers were grossed out by her bite wounds.

KFC claims there have now been 2 investigations -- one internal and one independent -- and both show "no evidence" such an incident ever occurred at the Jackson Mississippi franchise.

3-year-old Victoria Welcher's family claims the girl was kicked out because employees felt her facial wounds from the dog attack were upsetting customers.

KFC says it will still honor its $30,000 donation to assist Victoria's family in paying her medical bills.

So even if the claim was phony ... it worked.

Joey

None of us where there and can say for sure what happened. However, I find it hard to believe that a KFC employee is going to admit to it, when asked by investigators. Why would anyone want to make themselves a national villain? I find it highly plausible that the KFC employee(s) would just deny everything for their own sakes. A lot of people have had weird treatment from fast food places.

BFG6900

Just because the story may be bogus doesn't mean the little girl has to pay for some adults stupid mistake. I'm glad KFC is still honoring their deal. Hell I would STILL donate to the little girl just because she does still need help with medical expenses. Que dios te cuide ermosa!

Seal Clubber

Post pics of the parents, not the little girl. I seriously doubt she was the "mastermind" ...

Seal Clubber

Please post the pictures of the parents, not the little girl. Not fair to publish her pic when - judging from her age - she would not be the one that planned this. Post the real losers - her parents. This girl has suffered enough ....

NissaMorgan

I wouldn't go as far as to demand the money be paid back as some have suggested, but to be honest, if I had donated, I would demand PROOF that the money was being used for her treatment and medical bills. She was still injured and to be honest perhaps the whole reason whomever started this story was because her family CAN'T afford the coat of her treatment and they knew strangers would help. I'm not saying it's right by any means, but a child should not be punished for the sins of their family.

Joey

The "independent" investigators were hired by KFC. Thus the two "investigations" were by KFC & whomever they hired. Furthermore, security cameras do not always cover every square foot of space in a restaurant. The newspaper that broke the "bogus claim" story is some little podunk newspaper that no one has ever heard of.

Again, none of us were there. The family is sticking by their story. We may never know the truth.

KK

Claimant Grandmother's name is Kelly Mullins and is easily Googled.

Applehead

Vicious dog damages her face, freeloading parents damage her moral character. Poor kid

105 4N93135

So let me get this straight... Not only were they negligent enough to let their daughter get mauled by a dog, but then they humiliated her over national news to defraud a company. I do believe this qualifies them for the parents of they year award

Jaley3

KFC should put the funds in a trust fund directed for medical use only or for her college needs. I am thinking (and I hope I am wrong) if the family gets their hands on it, they may not allocate it correctly. If this is true, and their claims are false, what a shameful act. I don't doubt they NEED the help but to falsely accuse is horrid! You always wonder when you start helping folks if the funds are being used correctly. It's a shame because so many sick kids and their families need all the help we can give. Scammers make people stop wanting to help.

jason

I hope you people that said they would never step foot in a kfc feel like idiots.

jason

I hope you people that said they would never go to a kfc again FEEL LIKE ****ING FOOLS

bittybaby

white lying trash... their actions caused innocent kfc workers to be harassed by folks who were outraged by this bogus story... They're not fit to care for this little girl... and she was in the grandma's charge when the attack occurred? I hate liars.

Hyper valency

The pit bulls that mauled the girl belonged to her grandfather and his girlfriend. Her grandmother created the hoax. That child shouldn't be living with that family, period!!! CPS needs to get involved in this.

Truth

KFC got convicted IMMEDIATELY with no evidence. That's the internet. You dupes got duped again. It's time for some gay waiter to tell us how they got insulted now. Again.