'Deal/No Deal' Model

Husband Kills Himself

After Rumors She Hooked Up With DiCaprio, Grenier

6/24/2014 11:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0624_katie-cleary-and-andrew-stern_gettyThe husband of "Deal Or No Deal" suitcase model Katie Cleary shot himself to death ... just weeks after she was photographed getting cozy with Leo DiCaprio and Adrian Grenier.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Andrew Stern shot himself in the head Sunday while he was at a shooting range in the San Fernando Valley.

The 40-year-old businessman was married to Katie ... who was also a contestant on "America's Next Top Model."  Katie was photographed in Cannes last month with Leo and the two seemed tight. There are also photos of Katie in Cannes with  "Entourage" star Adrian Grenier.

0624_katie_cleary_in_cannes_akm_gsi_2We're told law enforcement interviewed various people after the suicide, including Katie, and they were told -- among other things -- he was suffering significant stress over marital problems.

Our sources say Katie told law enforcement she and Andrew -- who appeared on "Millionaire Matchmaker" before he got together with Cleary -- were in the process of getting divorced.

A source close to Leo tells us Katie and the actor never hooked up and he left the club with his GF Toni Garrn.

In addition to marital problems, law enforcement says Andrew had a history of depression and had financial issues.

0624-adrian-grenier-katie-cleary-akmgsi

062414_andrew_stern_millionaire_matchmaker_launch

Nicoleasm

I remember her. She was on the very first season of ANTM. She has to be almost 40 now

Mdrzr

I'm Shocked. All of you people trashing her. She stated she was in the process if a divorce. Which tells me they were probably separated, and she is free to do whatever and whoever she pleases. And I'm sure none of you girls have gone out to lunch or dinner with a guy as friends or perhaps more and then gone out dancing with your girlfriends. Heck I'd be willing to bet if we pull security feed form the bars we'd see more then one of you dancing with more then one guy in one night too. Probably even doing more then dancing.... He had a history of depression and no one forces you to kill yourself. It's a selfish action and decision you make on your own. You can't blame her for his decision to take his own life.

justwachin

I like to read the comments on all the gossip sites. Gives me a chuckle to see how self righteous and holier than thou they get. The one thing that astounds me though is there is always one person who has been there, knows them or saw it happen.

Unbroken Chain

If anything that would hurt less than her sleeping with a regular Joe.!! I told my wife a long time ago, if she could get Bob Weir to sleep with her I'd understand (Bob Weir was with the Grateful Dead for all you rap and Miley fans)

Pace

He was a friend and will be missed. He had to find about her cheating left and right from the papers.

Christine

No one really knows why someone would take their life, but them. Some people just don't handle stress well.

click

He appears a lot better looking then she does. She should have made her marriage work instead of going off with other men while married.

Hugh Watt-Burrow

I guess sloots gon' sloot

Cecilia

Indont know what this woman was doing in her personal life, but what I do know is NO ONE commits suicide over being cheated on or a broken relationship. There is always underlying issues and though they may have been hurt and going through stuff, it is nobodies fault. Her actions (whatever they were, it says they were getting divorced) are on her, but they were not the cause of this.

Leah

He appeared in the first season of "millionaire matchmaker". I just watched a rerun of the episode yesterday.

Thomas Jefferson

I had a girlfriend who joked about wanting to be famous and social climbing I forced myself to dump her as because of that and what she values. AndI have a good job.

Robert

Sorry for this young man's family. This must be a very dark time for them. My best wishes for his parents during this very difficult time.

RaineeDrops

That is really sad.

Marriage is suppose to be through the good and the bad, rich and poor.

Truth

So where there is a problem, a woman is the cause of it.

Example #16576886143

Boogeyman

2 douche bags and a whore, but TMZ will go out of their way to make her a celeb and post story after story about her..