'The View'

Firing Massacre

6/26/2014 4:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

The View Fired Sherri Shepherd Jenny McCarthy

"The View" is cleaning house.  Network sources tell us the cast has been fired... except for Whoopi Goldberg.

Our sources say there was a meeting at ABC late Thursday afternoon and they announced Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy were out.   Sources tell us executive producer Bill Geddie also will not be coming back.

Maybe not coincidentally ... Barbara Walters is scheduled to be on the show Friday (though it did tape on Wednesday).

"The View" has been in turmoil since Jenny was hired ... it messed up the chemistry on the show.

And several sources say there's a real chance Rosie O'Donnell will be coming back.  We're also told producers are "very interested" in Laila Ali.

We're also told the show is interested in Ross Mathews and Jesse Palmer.

Jenny tweeted late Thursday, "My View will be changing too. As will with many hard working folks. Thanks to everyone at the show for your dedication and an amazing year."

Shepherd posted a photo on Instagram Thursday night, saying, "Mr @DonnieWahlberg always takes care of his ladies @jennyannmccarthy & me! To be continued... ;O)"

0626-sherrie-sheperd-instagram

0627_the_view_cast_then_and_now_footer

toddpugz7111

TOTAL SQUAK FEST!!

Mark Mullen

If Sherrie is going I might start watching again. She didn't have a clue about anything. What a embarresment to the show.

MTG

Yay!!!!! I loathe that bigot Sherri Shepard. She is a homophobe AND she is racist towards non blacks. She should have been fired a long time ago.

Cookie35

Who ever is on that show I can't stand it..else show ever!!!!

Pamela

Cancel the show altogether it s not worth watching

Cookie35

Typo... I meant worse show ever

Kagaya

I guess viewership must be down. They are making the same last ditch attempt to bring up their ratings like every other show on it's way out the door.

christy

Jenny is nothing but foul mouth trashy tramp who put on nice clothes to try to look like she had class! Bye!

Sherry.... Gone due to divorce/child issues they don't want to deal with her

speedyr

I have to agree with all the comments about firing whoopi also…she is definitely the ruin of that show, I can only imagine abc execs don’t want to get rid of her because of the celebrity backlash…she cannot put together a lucid though, she goes on tangets, that valley girl talk is so annoying and she adds nothing intelligent to the conversation nor is she funny. The best moderator on that show was rosie o’donnel, her opinions made so much sense, I feel her and Joy Behar made that show spectacular. I do want to say I do like that will cain, he adds an intelligent opinion to the panel, but they need to fire whoopi too and clean house. She is the worst one on the show in my opinion and I was a loyal view watcher for many years until she came on board

Juana Hawk

They need a regular person, mom who the viewers can relate to. I want to audition.

truetrue

They need to get rid of whoopi, she is too judgmental and rude! Jenny needs to go too, but I like sherry(most times) laila is judgmental also

LetsBeReAL

Donnie Wahlberg calls off engagement in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

nean

Jenny is great! She balances the show w a younger factor .. Honestly who gives a **** about the hosts? U watch for the guests! And Jenny is honest and real and mixing in w the best! Good for her! But she is a solo act! I'll watch anything she does !

Factual

That whole show is a massacre and should've been canceled many years ago

marbles

This show needs to go away. Bye Bye...........