'The View'

Firing Massacre

6/26/2014 4:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

The View Fired Sherri Shepherd Jenny McCarthy

"The View" is cleaning house.  Network sources tell us the cast has been fired... except for Whoopi Goldberg.

Our sources say there was a meeting at ABC late Thursday afternoon and they announced Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy were out.   Sources tell us executive producer Bill Geddie also will not be coming back.

Maybe not coincidentally ... Barbara Walters is scheduled to be on the show Friday (though it did tape on Wednesday).

"The View" has been in turmoil since Jenny was hired ... it messed up the chemistry on the show.

And several sources say there's a real chance Rosie O'Donnell will be coming back.  We're also told producers are "very interested" in Laila Ali.

We're also told the show is interested in Ross Mathews and Jesse Palmer.

Jenny tweeted late Thursday, "My View will be changing too. As will with many hard working folks. Thanks to everyone at the show for your dedication and an amazing year."

Shepherd posted a photo on Instagram Thursday night, saying, "Mr @DonnieWahlberg always takes care of his ladies @jennyannmccarthy & me! To be continued... ;O)"

0626-sherrie-sheperd-instagram

0627_the_view_cast_then_and_now_footer

misty

Ha! I knew Sherri was out after Barbara left, but I'm surprised by Jenny. I figured someone there was in love with her because she never should have gotten the job. She's too low brow and crass. Fart jokes coming out of a bucket mouthed bottle blonde doesn't make funny.

Chun LI

Good. Sherri is stupid and Jenny adds nothing.

lilly

Right. Bill Geddes fired himself??? He is the boss. He and Barbara created the view and are great friends. This is probably BS.

ThelmaF

I love Whoopi! Bring Joy Behar back!!

Dee

They need to close the whole show down.

desert666

adf.ly/pipMI - CHECK THE HOTTEST STUFF EVER!

ocdiva76

If they hire men, then it will be shortly canceled. It has been a hit because it is a panel of women discussing things. Jenny was a bad hire from the start. She is still an anti-vaxxer because she thought her son was autistic because of vaccines. It turns out her son doesn't have autism but she hasn't changed her position on it.

johnny

how is that the GORILLA is still there,, Whoopi the "BUFF-RILLA" should be gone, as she is embarrassing, and misleading to Black people as far as "I" am feeling,, dressing the way dresses, the hair, and just being a UGLY looking sister period,, I am sure she would not get alone with JENNY, or any other good looking person,,, and i am saying there are black beautiful, slim, noteworthy sisters that could be on the show,, but whoopi is a slob,, and I BET SHE Smells

DirkDiggler

They should fire Whoopi. She's the most ignorant

eqlopper2nity

Give Whoopi the boot as well, and whoever dresses her! Whoopi asks like she's doing everyone a favor by being there.

bignutts

Jenny is scary looking and annoying anyway. She is so gross! Blah!

shan83

Who cares. Barbara Walters was the only reason the show was relevant after Rosie & Star left...Just a bunch of women who BICKER about NOTHING! I LOVE to watch The Talk instead...

Chris

Love Whoopi as an actress, but never liked her on this show. I prefer to watch The Price is Right because all of the people on this show annoy the hell out of me. And Barbara is on tomorrow to plug her 20/20 interview. What the hell... I thought she RETIRED. i say cancel it - they've already worn out their welcome

Cat mom

Whoopi is the only one left that has a brain. Jenny was a mistake from the beginning. She needs to go back to doing print ads sitting on the toilet with her drawers around her ankles. Sherri is a flat-out moron and should have been ditched a long time ago. A little of Ross goes a long way, but I guess they think they need a gay panelist now. Jump the shark!

♥TMZ but ...

Sherri is really funny but is held back on this show
she needs to be somewhere else
Whoopie is so hard to listen to her voice and her shoe collection are annoying