'Silence of the Lambs' Star

Family Says He's a

Real-Life Buffalo Bill

6/28/2014 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0627-buffalo-bills-Orion-Pictures-TMZ-01
Ted Levine -- the actor who played Buffalo Bill in "Silence of the Lambs" -- is being sued by his family  who claims his craziness sent them into financial ruin, and they ultimately blame Hollywood.

Levine's brothers and sister say he's a sadistic and cruel bully who forced them to auction off the family's beloved BBQ joint in Holly Ridge, NC. -- for a fraction of its value.

Mick Levine tells TMZ ... he and his siblings agreed to sell the restaurant after their parents' deaths ... but Ted began making demands, berating Mick in emails, calling him "you crazy f***ing c**t."

Mick says his famous brother vowed to "fix it so his family members see nothing" ... and forced them to sell the property at auction.

Mick says in his docs Hollywood is the bad guy, exploiting his brother's mental illness, saying, "Hollywood only profits from his illness. It's more grist for the entertainment mill.  They rattle Ted's chain and then roll the cameras," adding, "Ted then portrays another sociopath or psychopath."

The sale went down Wednesday. The property -- valued at $554K -- was sold to the high bidder for $325K.

Mordecai

gawd, that movie is so freaking haunting to me... watch it over and over, though.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Zzzz

adamzilla

people forget that Ted Levine was also the police chief on the show MONK, and he did that show for like 8 or 9 seasons...

Bridget

I don't believe them. I'm a fan of Teds, so I might not be the best to judge. But it sounds like they are jealous of their successful brother, who didn't want to waste anymore time and money on the business. Who was paying for the place before it was put up on auction ?

"It rubs the location on its skin or else it gets the hose again"

Team Ted

Da_boss

It puts the BBQ sauce on the ribs....

Gary

No one remembers or cares about this guy.
How can you FORCE someone to auction off something ?I'm gonna slather you all over with hot BarBQ sauce unless you auction off this place.Stupid people.

Bill5martin

When I saw this story I thought of Monk. He played that one role & they use that against him. After that role. Most people wouldn't be able to get work again. I remember watching monk & not even realizing he was in silence of the lambs for awhile.

DemGovernmentTroops

Put the lotion in the ****ing basket!

Criss

Strangely enough, as much as I love SOTL, lately, the first thing I think of, when I think of him is "MONK"!

BFnCB1

I drive by this place every day of my life!! Who knew!?

moveover

One of his best rolls was as Leland Stottlemeyer on MONK and sounds like there's probably a lot more to the story about the BBQ joint then is what's being "reported" here. Would like to hear the other side, also.

Rigby

Oh god stfu. Hollywood didn't force him to play that role. If I had a crazy brother making demands that would jeopardize my finances he would be in a mental ward. Byeeee

truffle

The comments are more entertaining than the article.

emme

The family's argument makes no sense....he was just on The Border and did a great job. You never see his crazy in the news...I think they are pissed and lashing out.

Gena

He has been in so many things since "Silence of the Lamb." He played a very positive role on "Monk."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments