Meshach Taylor

Dead at 67

After Battle With Cancer

6/29/2014 5:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

meshach-taylor-01"Designing Women" star Meshach Taylor died Saturday night ... after a long battle with cancer.

Taylor's family says he passed away at his home in California while surrounded by loved ones.

Meshach is best known for the role of Anthony Bouvier on the popular late 80's show ... and he was nominated for an Emmy in 1989.

Taylor also famously portrayed Hollywood Montrose in the '87 cult classic flick "Mannequin" -- and had a TON of roles on hit T.V. shows ... like "Hannah Montana", "The Drew Carey Show" and "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide."

R.I.P.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Shannon

RIP Hollywood

myopinion

R.I.P. WOW...I had no idea he was ill.

DogsRule

Rest In Peace! Loved You On Designing Women! You Were A Funny/Talented Man!

The Firmamentation

RIP Meshach. I'll never forget how hilarious he was in Mannequin ("Hollywooood,.... come and get me Hollywood!") and his exploits with Suzanne Sugarbaker on Designing Women. That was good t.v.! God bless his family and loved ones.
Follow me on twitter @firmamentation1

Karvey Kardashian

Sad news for his loved ones. Many people started wearing crazy sunglasses because of his character, Hollywood. I don't know how Andrew McCarthy and Kim Cattrall finished any scenes with him because he was so funny and entertaining as Hollywood. Plus the added bonus of working on the movie with Estelle Getty and James Spader, in his early development of the Red Reddington character.

Rockee

RIP

blake

He was really funny on Designing Women and the movie Mannequin. The Logo channel just started showing DW a couple months ago, so I'm hoping he was aware of that before he passed.

ariesalyson

Just hearing the news. I have been out of the loop. I really loved his character on Designing Women. He made the show. I liked the scenes with him and Delta Bourke. I am so sorry to hear of his cancer. We really nees the cure. Too many people go too fast. RIP

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8