« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Uruguay Star Luis Suarez

Yes, I Did Bite That Guy

... And I'm Reallly Sorry

6/30/2014 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Luis Suarez Apology

Uruguay superstar Luis Suarez is changing his story AGAIN -- and now ADMITS he bit Italian player Giorgio Chiellini during a World Cup match last week.

Initially, Suarez insisted there was NO BITE -- despite strong video evidence -- saying he simply lost his balance and accidentally hit his face against Chiellini's shoulder.

But now -- after FIFA banned him for 4 months -- it seems Suarez has finally come to his senses ... because he just issued the following statement on his Twitter page:

"After several days of being home with my family, I have had the opportunity to regain my calm and reflect about the reality of what occurred during the Italy-Uruguay match on 24 June 2014.

Independant from the fallout and the contradicting declarations that have surfaced during these past days, all of which have been without the intention of interfering with the good performance of my national team, the truth is that my colleague Giorgio Chiellini suffered the physical result of a bite in the collision he suffered with me. For this:

- I deeply regret what occurred
- I apologize to Giorgio Chiellini and the entire football family
- I vow to the public that there will never again be another incident like."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

enjoy the drugs

I don't think he can make that promise because I'm not sure he is in control of it. Surely he would have stopped if he could

Brian

This idiot should have been banned for life. It's the third time he bit someone in a soccer game. Three strikes and you're out.

cristiana

this immature brat needs a muzzle!

Roundisnotsquare

".....for getting caught."

otmaneelrhazi

That is so sad!

LovesDearDaniel

(null)

LovesDearDaniel

He's apologizing cause he's home and his gmail fed him! You just wait till he gets hungry again! Homeboy be like a walker from walking dead!

freeLG

unfortunately, he gets exactly the reaction on the pitch that he sets out for. (causes a distraction, then he or his team mate gets the goal.) it's his MO, and it won't change. such a brilliant player, but also such a poor sportsman.

Ih8Taxes

This guy should be shot.

Mark

It's not his first time doing this! He has done this before and should be banned for life.

Mark

It's his third time doing this!

Kanga30

Oh he apologized....he's forgiven...

Said no one ever.

christy

Liar! You got caught a third time! You should lose your job!

hondroid

Give the guy a break, if he doesn't put those horse teef of his to work they grow uncontrollably you see, so he's really doing it so he doesn't end up with walrus tusks.

Anarchyinanaheim