'Gypsy Sisters' Star

Arrested for Swindling Target

7/1/2014 10:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0630-joann-marie-wells-wm-tmz-01
Joann Wells -- one of the stars of TLC's, "Gypsy Sisters," -- was busted in North Carolina after she allegedly stole thousands of dollars from a Target.

Officials from the Cary PD in North Carolina tell TMZ ... Wells befriended two cashiers at a Target last December to aid in her fraud. We're told the cashiers ran fake bar codes on merchandise, forced expired coupons, and cashed gift cards -- and Wells would share the profits.

We're told the scheme took place over a 10 day period ... and racked up a total of $14,700.

A warrant was issued for her arrest, but Wells turned herself in last week and was charged with obtaining property under false pretense, and felony conspiracy.

She was later released after posting bail.  Both cashiers were also arrested.

TLC had no comment.

070114_gypsy_sisters_launch

Nestlé

She's so ugly.

jimmy d

Nothing brings the family closer together,than a target shoplifting spree,they are better at running fortune telling scams on the boardwalks in south jersey shore,they are the lowest form of life.,kneegars look white next to them

boobookitty22

And I always thought she was the sweet

sfrandiver

If you are a Gypsy you would think not to put yourself on TV . Hello Police, please watch me.

lcmb

Beeotch.

Shoplifters cause prices to go up for those of us that do pay and obey the law.

But this is what Gypsies do...steal and con people.

Of course, here in America, that passes as "entertainment".

Sin D

WHOOOOLE lotta EWWWW wit dem skanks...ick !

Gretel

I apologize if I offend any gypsies on the site, besides the fact that I never heard of those people or that show, but come on, gypsies are only one thin step above Kardashians. How is this surprising?

L. Ron Hubbard

The origin of the word "gypt"!

spock

gypies are basically s*** of the earth.

reallydotdotdot

I love how it's ok to trash gypsy people all over the comment section here and no one cares. It's still racism and bigotry even if the victim isn't black.

Shane

Wow?! A gypsy charged with a crime? I am shocked. Said no one ever.

Squidbillie

Low life losers. When are people going to wise up about gypsies?

Creepybasterd

Gypsy women are killer in the sack!!

englishromany

Squid I wish you were in front of me I would bust your teeth out. U chickler suving Cory halling meng gorja!!

englishromany

And Spock I'm going to chore your mamas ur rum and chavies and bikin them lol your a rube. Gorja nazi!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments