Shia LaBeouf

Books it For Alcohol Treatment

7/1/2014 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0701_Shia-LaBeouf_aa_books_x17Shia LaBeouf showed strong signs today he's getting help for some kind of substance abuse issue in the wake of his string of bizarre meltdowns.

Shia was in the L.A. area ... clutching an Alcoholics Anonymous book.

We don't know if Shia is just reading up or taking more formal action ... but it would seem there's a connection to his arrest last week after causing a scene at Studio 54 in NYC.  As we reported, there have been other -- apparently alcohol-fueled incidents -- at a strip club in New York a week earlier and at a restaurant in L.A. a month ago.

We've reached out for comment about the photos ... so far no word back.

0701_Shia-LaBeouf_through_the_years_footer

Aaron

Beautiful shot...

Cletus Van Damme

"anonymous". Not for you to post.

BUTTWEAVE

This doesn't look staged at all.

dropped

He is just mad optimus prime won't return his phone calls and has been dating marky mark

Bossy Potato

It looks like the AA book is friggin super imposed on the other book.

featherkile

I went to aa for show all the time to shut people up. And yes i would still do whatever i wanted. I carried that book around family and still get wasted.

BSname

Why is it cool to wear a T-shirt displaying a communist leader? Communist regimes during the twentieth century are responsible for mass killings with an estimated death toll numbering between 85 to 100 million. If he were wearing a shirt with a Nazi, on it there would be (understandably) a huge outcry.

Nestlé

Good for him.

rlemons

I love Shia and I sincerely hope he is getting help.

01void

I think he needs more than AA, but hope he does start somewhere

davidrshep

Great planned photo op

mikejones

What a real Piece of ****. Che is a mass murderer he destroyed and killed many Cubans. Being a son of a Cuban I know first hand that this guy has no idea what the **** he is wearing. I wish I could slap his dumb ignorant ass!!!

Clive12

Shia is smart. I know Im going to get hate on this comment, but he is extremely smart. I have watched his antics over the last few years. I think that he absolutely shouldn't drink because he becomes extremely aggressive, but I think he's showing us how society works . He sits with a paper bag on his head like a monkey and we all show up. Whats more clever than to show society what we want. A complete and utter breakdown. Its what we are looking for and want.
The guy at that restaurant that sold that peeing story, hopefully, goes out of business. I encourage people to boycott any business that jumps on the bandwagon. Shameless publicity at the expense of another human. Also, we are seeing what TMZ wants us to. That hat he was wearing when he got off the plane was the same hat that he was supposedly chasing that guy for. That guy may have taken it off his head and Shia tried to get it back. They spin it.
For now, I want to see what happens. Talented and funny. I hope we find out whats really going on soon.

Robyn

The case below the book is obviously a set of CD's or tapes. Looks a lot like the Alcoholics Anonymous CD's (case) sold on Amazon.

tmon3ydadjmbr

I knew something was wrong with shia, I think he left some of his marbles back in NYC.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments