Joan Rivers

Screw You, Protesters

My Furs Are Older than Me

7/2/2014 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Joan Rivers PETA
Joan Rivers lashed out at animal rights protesters at her book signing Tuesday ... insisting she's exposing the dead animals on her back to culture.

Joan was at Barnes and Noble in Times Square hawking her new book, "Diary of a Mad Diva" ... when someone from the animal rights org asked her why she insisted on wearing fur.

0702-joan-rivers-poster-fur
Joan seems stumped at first ... then lashes out.

And then the twist ... Joan seems to say she's not in the market for buying new furs, but she's not opposed to wearing the old ones.

Joan tells the crowd the furs have 2 options ... her basement or The Met.

gallery_sub_launch_furry_fury1

kewljewl

I hate Peta...yet I truly can't stand Joan ever since her disgusting rant about the poor girls that were tortured...gonna have to be on petas side on this...Joan is a pig. Yet could care less about Peta....OK...they're both pathetic

bernergirl

She back peddled fast... Never mind I wear fur I have rescued animals. Don't care for either side but it's fun to watch Joan in the hot seat for once.

Truth

MORE PR FOR HER BOOK... THANKS HARV. WE ALL KNOW JOAN CALLS TMZ ANYTIME SHE WANTS FREE PUBLICITY TO HAWK ANOTHER ONE OF HER LAME BOOKS (CUE COSTCO INCIDENT). SHE HAS HARVEY UP HIS ASS. STRANGE, CUZ IT'S USUALLY SOME GAY DUDE. #TRUTH!!

toddpugz7111

That saber-toothed tiger is especially chic. Did she wear it to the grand opening of "Fire"?

jackmama311

joan is an old dried up piece of sh*t

kewljewl

Wait a second...I have terro let eyes but ...is that a skinned animal she's holding up on the cover of her book??? Granted my eyes are bad and I'm hoping I'm just seeing things...but can someone tell me if that's a skinned animal. (Not a peta freak here)

kewljewl

Terro let means terrible...I hate phones sometimes

DiM

She clearly has no respect for nature ....look at her face.

john flynn

Peta people are freaks ever look at some of there clothing they wear. Made by animals and I'm not opposed to the use human skin from the Peta people for my clothing.

01void

One day PETA will make her into a coat

T1980

Lost any little respect i had for her.And she is delusional, SHE is older then the fur, she can not convince anyone she is young, we all know plastic surgery and such, has somewhat prevented her from looking her actual age

CelebrityScum

PETA is a PITA.

Na.na.na.na Booboo.....stick ya head in doodoo

Poor animals

H

I can't decide which group is more annoying: PETA or WBC

News Flash