« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-NFL QB Shaun King

Warren Sapp Is A Great Tipper!!!

... As Long As Service is Good

7/2/2014 10:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0702-shaun-king-warren-01

Warren Sapp isn't a deadbeat diner and  tips his tail off for good service ... that's according to former teammate Shaun King who tells TMZ Sports Warren is getting a bad rap in the tip-gate fiasco.

We spoke to King, who played with Sapp on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1999 to 2003 and he tells us Warren is an A+ gratuity giver -- as long as the service is up to par.

"Hell Yeah he's a good tipper ... if he didn't tip [his waitress in Florida] it was something to do with the service he got."

King is also PISSED at the waitress for posting Sapp's bill on Twitter to begin with -- saying, "I have a problem with posting bills online anyway, that sh*t has the last 4 numbers of his Visa card on it and everything!"

A quarterback protecting a defensive end? Weird.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

toddpugz7111

First!!

FREEDOM

SAPPY IS A STIFFER...

FREEDOM

"CAN I HELP YOU BOYS." THAT'S WHAT HE IS WHIMPERING ABOUT. THE WAITRESS MEANT NO HARM..

FREEDOM

HE SURE ATE AND DRANK. PIG!

FREEDOM

HE IS SO GUILTY EXSPECIALLY WHEN HE NEEDS BACK-UP..

FREEDOM

WHAT'S A LITTLE CHUMP CHANGE...

FREEDOM

SAPPY, APOLIGISE OR MAKE IT RIGHT.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

king was a horrible qb just horrible

lourdgoogoo

I don't know if Sapp was right or wrong, but getting stiffed happens. He wrote something on the check, which indicates he was dissatisfied with something. When you are in the service industry "the customer is always right," even when they are wrong. If that waitress worked for me, I would fire her for putting a customer's information out there.

Elstang

My Black friend told me: Blacks are always Safe in a Canoe because Blacks don't Tip! Ha! :)

Smereci

Hi everyone I am a 19 year old waitress who works very hard for her money. I served warren sapp once have him great service. He was rude the whole time he acted like a big shot he was very demanding with everything but just like I would to any costumer I accommodated him and his guest in everything. Right as I dropped off the bill I asked "can we take a picture before you leave" he proceed to reply to me in a very angry manner "ask right ask right " I didn't know what he meant so I just blankly started at him then with the ****iest most arrogant attitude he said "MAY I TAKE A PICTURE WITH YOU " he threw $83 on the table and left. His bill was 75 so he tipped me $8 on a 75 because I didn't say "MAY I". He is a rude person and I feel horrible for the girl who had to deal with him on Tuesday.