« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Great White

Shark Attack

Insane Video

7/6/2014 6:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

070614_great_white_launch_v2
A great white shark attacked a swimmer in Manhattan Beach CA and it was all caught on video.

The 7-foot shark was struggling on the wrong end of a fishing line near the pier. Shortly before the attack, the fisherman tried in vain for 40 minutes to reel the shark in ... the shark was agitated when some long- distance swimmers unwittingly crossed its path.

As video rolled ... the great white attacked one of the swimmers. People on the pier where the video was shot initially didn't realize someone was injured but soon thereafter it became apparent and they screamed at the people in the water to swim for their lives.

The attack victim sustained moderate injuries to his torso and is in stable condition.

The fisherman eventually cut the line.

070614_shark_launch
TMZ Sports got this video shot last month of a 6-foot great white near the shoreline of Manhattan beach, as paddle boarders circled it.

070614_shark_fisherman_launch_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

trinicont

the only thing insane about this ****y usless video is that people are going to watch it ...what a load of space filler

DirkDiggler

I always thought California was too cool to have rednecks. I was wrong

JAR

I love how they go from laughing to concern citizen.. like you can clearly hear them "HAHAHA Its right infront of them, hahah he jumped right on top of him" .. like what the hell is wrong with these people.. honestly what in the hell would make you want to scare people with a live great white shark... how mental do you have to be

Michelle

wow really, these friggin idiots are standing there laughing while some guy was just bitten by a shark and is CLEARLY screaming for help. Wouldn't of been so funny if it were some of their crew. Sad world we live in.

Torico

Sharks almost never attack humans, unless you piss them off, people lack meat.

Stace.

Was the volume of the audio of the screaming surfer enhanced? I have a feeling the people filming the video couldn't hear the guy.

boredwithouttmz

Who the fuvk laughs abput someone being close to a shark . NOTHING IS FUNNY about that . You insensitive pricks.

LaLove@YA

These people are mean by laughing at those swimmers

tina

so they guy on the surfboard is the fisherman??? he was fishing for sharks off a surfboard! A SURFBOARD. wow. so much stupid soo little time. I wish the shark had attacked the fisherman and not the guy swimming. It would have taught him a lesson. The swimmer needs to send his medical bills to the dumbass fisherman.

John

The laughing makes me sick. Pieces of $hit like that, need to be shark bait,

John

TMZ just give me the full name of the maggot that shot this video

krazyinvt

The complete a-holes that shot this video should have criminal charges brought against them, because it should be illegal to be so f**ng stupid. I cant believe the laughter and the stupid comments. How about getting some help! Karma is a bitch and I hope they are shark bait someday. Bunch of a**holes.

Gretel

Is it legal to chum that close to a shoreline? Shark was pissed. I'd be mad too if someone gave me food then tried to kill me in my own home.

Whatever biotch

WTF?!??? TMZ you paid these dumb mother****ers to laugh at someone that could of bled to death or been eaten?!?!

EL444