Madonna

Way too Big for Jury Duty

7/7/2014 2:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Madonna Jury Duty

Madonna was sent home from jury duty in 2 hours because her fame would have thrown a wrench in the wheels of justice.

The singer showed up Monday at a NYC courthouse but was excused 2 hours later.  And get this ... she never had to sit with the commoners in the jury assembly room.  She was allowed to hang out in the clerk's office.

A court official says Madonna was released because they had more than enough jurors to fill the needs of the courts.

So the question ... if there were enough jurors why release her instead  of others?  The court official says her presence would create a distraction in the jury selection process.

So we gotta ask ...

0707_celebrity_courtroom_fashion_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

DirkDiggler

She's too ignorant to serve anyway

Your S&M Girlfriend

Of course she'd be a distraction. She'd find the weakest of the other jurors and have him or her do her bidding. Who in the hell would want her to be judging them??

camillek

She's def to big of a star for that and I don't even listen to her. I was like 9 when she was on Beyoncé level, But my older sister says she's pretty dope.

BillBixby

"All men are created equal..." Riiiiiiiiight!

BLUE UGLY 💩

Celebs getting special treatment from our "justice" system again

camillek

She's definitely way to big of a star for that and I don't even listen to her. 😐 I was like 9 when she was on Beyoncé level , but my older sister says she's pretty dope. Point being I've never listen to anything she's done but I would still know who she was if I saw her.

ReliableSource

She would straddle the bench.

cheerio

Madonna SHOULD have been forced to sit through the juror questioning THEN excused for prejudice like other jurors being excused for one reason or another. Sitting there for hours for nothing like others do. It's again ridiculous that well-knowns get a pass.

zavian

Celebrities aren't the only ones getting special treatment from our justice system. Common people do too except you don't hear about it in the headlines.

There's a problem here

She is summoned for jury duty and she doesn't get to sit with the other candidates but gets to hang out in the clerk's office? WTF?

Ron Fing Swanson

She used to date Ralph Macchio the original Karate Kid.

Lucky_130

She is no Tom Hanks

Na.na.na.na Booboo.....stick ya head in doodoo

Face yuck

Sili'LilSkoolgrl

I heard the 20 year old rent boy she was banging dumped her with the aid of the gigilo coach Kea Micheeke is dating. He's getting higher pay from Demi now.

Butthead

Real reason released from jury duty.... Not smart enough!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments