George Clooney

Rails on Tabloid

Marriage Conflict story is a LIE!

7/9/2014 6:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0709-george-clooney-amal-ramey
George Clooney
is going nuclear on The Daily Mail, claiming it flat out made up a story about his fiancee's mother objecting to their wedding on religious grounds.

George is especially pissed off about the line in the story that Amal's mom told half of Beruit that if she married someone outside the Druze religion she could be excommunicated. The story also referenced reports that such brides sometimes end up dead.

Clooney starts off by saying Amal's mom is NOT Druze.  And more fundamentally, she's not against the marriage.

Clooney didn't stop with the specific story.  He went on to accuse The Daily Mail of habitually lying, saying "If they fabricate stories of Amal being pregnant, or that the marriage will take place on the set of Downton Abbey, or that I'm running for office, or any number of idiotic stories that they sit at their computers and invent, I don't care."

He clearly cares a little.
update_graphic_red_bar
The Daily Mail has removed the article and apologized. They say they have launched an investigation into the matter.

CoconutScrimp

I hate George Clooney.

CANTBELIEVEITSNOTBUTTAH

Downton Abbey. Obviously TMZ employees don't watch it.

01void

He thinks the Daily News would make up a story, Tish Tish

Detroit_Allie

They should report on how awful Gravity was.

DodgrGrrl24

His Mother's Fiancé? Hmmm TMZ I think you mean his Fiancé's mother. Don't get Sued by George Clooney too!!! Smh.

static

As we say in the south, A hit dog hollers.

Laura

Pimp Mama controls the DM.

BLUE UGLY 💩

That submissive muslim will do what he says, their women get beat and don't do anything about it, it's in that twisted Quran

Clytemnestra

George is showing signs of a man in love: getting defensive of his future family. Can it be the perennial bachelor is really and truly in love? Good for him.

6one9

They probably won't even make it to the alter!

Remember:
We're talking Geo Clooney `` here!!

stu

No 1 cares Georgy poorgy.
Geesh... this lame move & the drama move he did in a restaurant when someone made fun of Obama=Georgy Drama Queen.

jonathanlengson

Due TMZ!! LMAO!!

Susie Q

I think you mean the Fiancé's Mother. Nice proof reading TMZ! Of all of the beautiful women he has dated............I think you know where I'm going with this!

Miki

I m sorry, but I just don't think that Amal is that hot. She reminds me of Anne Hathoway's sister...you know, the one that is kept in the closet.

Having said that, I doubt either one would give two craps in what I have to say.

bkblueknight

they can deny it all they want, she is from a fundamental religious family. this marriage is causing a lot of tension there. it is forbidden.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments