Columbus Short

Bar Room KO Was Over $20 Bills to My Wife's Face

7/11/2014 3:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

071114_columbus_short_v103_launch
Columbus Short is finally revealing exactly what drove him into such a rage that he delivered a knockout blow to a guy's face earlier this year -- and it might change your opinion of the hot-headed actor.

Short was on Atlanta's V-103 radio station when he was asked about the bar fight back in March, and he said ... "I had to defend my wife at a bar. This man was being highly, highly disrespectful ... slapping her in the face with $20 bills."

TMZ broke the story ... Columbus knocked out Felton Hyche III, and at the time all we knew was that Hyche had allegedly said or done something rude to Short's wife.

Columbus also explains that Hyche was the one who got physical first -- but if what he says about the money to his wife's face is true, we gotta ask ...
 0627-columbus-short-VICTIM-tmz-01

Na.na.na.na Booboo.....stick ya head in doodoo

Why are we reporting in this douchette?

Ferndog68

Here's a life lesson Respect yourself Be humble Respect others Follow these rules and your life will be less filled with drama. We all know life is hard enough already. And yes that does mean stop hitting people in the face with a bill

Mumra the Ever Living

It took him all that time for him to come up with THAT lame excuse?

Besides, he should feel good - most guys give his hoe a buck at best when she's done.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Columbus Short Bus is a known liar

FELTON HYCHE

I am so tired of all of the lies from this individual. None of his latest rants are even close to being the truth. I am the father and I was there and this is a fabrication. I have over 25 witnesses and texts from Short admitting to all he was accused of. I was there and my son never was physical, my back was to Columbus, I was holding my son's arms and talking to him and Short came from behing and punched him. Simple truth that can be confirmed by several eye witnesses.

Sid

Your old lady puts my junk in her face all the time. Big deal!

Daron

If someone smacked something in my wife's face I'll f**k them up.

Sili'LilSkoolgrl

So sick of hearing about this assw*pe

Are you sure?

He had to get physical? What an idiot!!

ka

That dude on the ground looks like a total idiot and loser, did he mess with someone's wife or husband before this happened? This is what happens when a person run their mouth aggravating someone they shouldn't be concerned with. lol

sgarbesi

lol

FELTON HYCHE

To Bronxbomber, I was at the bar because it was the location of my daughters engagement celebration and her brother was there. Friends were there also. If you do not know the facts, it is best not to criticize.

DreamBig1

How about Codumbus is delusional! He can't explain why hes been arrested a gizzilion times in the matter of months. All surrounding violence. Why doesn't he tale responsibility for anything

DreamBig1

Good job reporting TMZ you missed the fact that he is related to the victim and it wasn't just a random guy.

Denise