« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MLB Star Geovany Soto

I'm EMBARRASSED Over Weed Arrest

7/11/2014 1:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0711_soto_mugshot
Texas Rangers catcher Geovany Soto is apologizing to teammates, fans and his bosses ... saying he's "embarrassed" after being arrested for weed possession last night.

The 31-year-old former NL Rookie of the Year was pulled over for speeding in Grapevine, TX around 10PM Wednesday night ... and during the stop, cops say they found a small amount of pot.

Soto was ultimately arrested for marijuana possession -- and was hauled to a nearby station where he was booked and posed for a mug shot.  He was released on $500 bail.

Moments ago, Soto issued a statement saying, "I was stopped by Grapevine Police on Wednesday night. I am embarrassed and would like to apologize to my family, the Rangers organization, and our fans that I was taken in on this charge."

He added, "Because this is an ongoing case, I cannot discuss this matter any further at this time.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Calinative

It's nice that he's apologetic, but thank god it was only weed and not some crazy controlled substance. Hell weeds legal here (WA)

Racismisdead

This guy looks like he likes catching balls as much as he enjoys throwing them..

Msmassflex

Embarrassed for what?

beigebrother

Texas should be embarrassed. If it wasn't for Florida they'd be the national joke. That fkn shthole state. (Austin has good people, tho.)

sr

Smh Texas "a small amount of weed" pretty much tells me that it was only for himself not for distribution. In Mass. they will let u go their looking for actual criminals, guns etc.

Dave the Canuck

Unbelievable! A small amount of weed and this guys career may go up in smoke. I personally don't smoke weed, but c'mon, keeping pot illegal is just political BS!

01void

Just a fool, that's a quick way to become history and kiss his mlb goodbye.

Reaper

Looks like Mike Piazza.

Catlady

Can't fix stupid!

The Del Rubio Triplets

What's with the manscaping?

Usagi-chan

It's just pot. He's kinda hot. Sexy to take responsibility.

Joe

> "Because this is an ongoing case, I cannot discuss
> this matter any further at this time.”

translation: I don’t want to talk about it, it’s too uncomfortable. Give me the Obama treatment, just ignore my **** ups!

How many games will he miss? Anything less than 100 is a joke.

Hans Gruber

He should ask to be traded to the Mariners or Rockies. That pot possession would not be a problem.

gegeok

Lol....

mikeh420

I'd be more embarrassed at the silly misspelled first name that my stoner parents gave me.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments