Tim McGraw

Talks Bitch Slap

'Nobody feels good about it'

7/21/2014 11:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tim McGraw Slapping Woman
Tim McGraw is finally speaking out about slapping a female fan in the face during a concert after she ripped his jeans ... but he's leaving out one important detail.

McGraw spoke to ET Canada ... saying, "It happened in a split second, it was pure instinctive reaction, I think you just got to move on."

The country star added, "Nobody feels good about it, but there's nothing that could be done about it."

TMZ broke the story and got the video of McGraw laying the smack down during a concert in Atlanta.

But here's what he didn't address ... McGraw shakes the woman's hand off his pants, THEN hesitates and follows up by reaching down and smacking her in the face.

As far as the law is concerned ... cops in Atlanta side with Tim ... telling TMZ the slap was justified.

static

It was a complete punk thing to do on his part he's just a backward ass shlt kicker and as far as the Atlanta police well consider the source.

Pony

He's white so no charges

Starbum

He's still a creep.

joey

He is white celeb and country nothing will happen for slapping a woman . But if he was black or another race this would have been blown up twice as much . If i was that girl i would have sued the **** out of that redneck

THESELOVERS

Check out @TheseLovers Rock Pop Country Blues.. Music that won't bitch slap u! Promise! FreeShow 2AUG8PM @SilverlakeLnge

xMCREFx

I can't believe what some of you had said. Tim McGraw isn't justified. We as fans have a right...nay a moral obligation to touch, grope, stalk, pillage trash cans, and break into the homes of our favorite celebrities. C'mon Tim. Just let it happen. Don't make it weird. Let her touch your penis. Jk lol

deanna

Sorry hes wrong !!!!!!!

intrigued

He needs Anger Mgmt! Problem is he didn't think twice about slapping a women which makes me assume he probably has slapped women before, like his wife.

john

I met Tim at the CMA awards 10 yrs ago. Back then, he wouldn't even shake my hand when I met him. He wasn't shaking anyone's hands except other celebs. He was very scared to get near the red carpet fans - I'm thinking he's got a phobia about getting mobbed. With that said, he clearly had a moment before slapping that woman - he absolutely did it out of retribution and not protection.

Terrr_luv

It looked more like a push to me than an actual sock in the face. She put her hand on his face n then continued to tug on his pants. He should have just took her hand off n move on but I think he felt better about that push to the head

Mr Bob Dobalina

Keep trying TMZ... I know you're just trying to get people to react....

Bob

I'd let him smack my face if I could rip off his jeans.

fw25

Well if a man or woman was ripping my jeans I'd probably smack them too. He's wrong because he's a white country singer and police agree he was justified? Seriously? Bull****. He had his crotch grabbed during a concert where he wife came on stage and gave the audience a piece of her mind not too long ago. He's a singer not a stripper so keep your hands off of him.

Jerri

Tim should have had the woman removed from the concert and kept his hands to himself. When people r star struck they become dumb and tim should know that by now .

ohkay

He obviously gave her a warning by shaking her off, and probably a vocal warning, she didn't let go until AFTER he slapped her so I agree it was justified. I would do the same.