Nico & Vinz

'Am I Wrong' Singers ...

Yes, We're Black AND Norwegian

7/23/2014 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

072314_nico_and_vinz_launchNico & Vinz have one of the hottest songs this summer with "Am I Wrong" ... but most of their fans are probably DEAD wrong -- 'cause they don't realize the guys are from Norway, and they're Black!

We ran into the duo in NYC yesterday, and they said they get double-takes all the time -- but the guys (both born in Oslo) want America to know ... it's okay ... there REALLY are black people in Norway. Lots of 'em.

Nico and Vinz are pretty charismatic in this clip, but what's disappointing is their taste in summer anthems. We asked 'em to name their faves -- and one of 'em is ... well, let's just say their hit is MUCH better.

Tela

Definitely something different. ......I like the song and the scenery.

Ben IncaHutz

Americans are always showing how ignorant they are. Black folks are everywhere.

DiM

Most Americans I come across think Canada is all white, so there ya go. lol. No too many families I know are entirely white here.

andreas

They are not norwegian they just live in Norway.

Mulholland Drive

The only other band to come out of Norway in the last 30 years...

A-Ha! in the 1980's.

AzontoKitty

Yay, but I wish we knew where their parents were from, cos dats wat I wanna know

magggnus

The leaders in Norway believe that in 2030, oslo will have more immigrant than Norwegian, dunno if it's related

Taz

Harvey, How many people have commented on the constant racial over tones on TMZ? You have an opportunity to unite not divide. There are so many stories and so much commentary on color and race. It is so old. You are clearly comfortable around all types of people. However, the constant comments are race are a bit nineteen sixties.

AdoreK

I'm Moorish and from America. I am friends with people from many ethnicities and nationalities. We are all equal. Rich and poor come in every color so does ignorance. But for this platform... Good job Nico and Vinz. I love your music and I wish to hear more!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3