David Duchovny

My Russian Beer Commercial

Doesn't Make Me Pro-Putin

7/28/2014 10:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0728714_david_duchovny_launch_v2
David Duchovny says his beer commercial musing about living his life as a Russian does NYET mean he supports Russian politics -- especially the invasion of the Ukraine.

Duchovny's statement to TMZ comes in the middle of a flurry of criticism over his commercial for a Russian Siberian beer -- Siberian Crown. Duchovny wonders in the spot what his life would be like if he was Russian ... fantasizing about being a cosmonaut, a ballerina, and other Russian stuff.

The actor tells TMZ, "I am proud of my Russian, Ukrainian, Scottish and Polish heritage as I am proud of my American heritage."

Duchovny goes on, "But being proud of one's ancestry is not a political statement on any current government or public policies."

He insists the beer commercial is not a political statement, but adds, "In retrospect, and in light of recent tragic events, I can now see the potential for misunderstanding and hope people will understand."

ivan

1 - sometimes u gotta say 'no' to money - wall street, bankers, CEOs do not understand

Tax

I hate my Russian background, what family did not leave was killed by the Russian. David just sees the money not dirty corruption.

Sandi

Russia didn’t invade Ukraine. Duchovny is a stupid guy.

static

Is he still a sex addict? He's a Commie for sure.

may28

Just because you promote a product made in a certain country does not mean you support their government.

JAG

I wish I was Russian so I could drink a Russian beer as 300 people are blown out of the sky. That would be so cool.

There's no upside David. There never was. Ever. There is no point in the History of the human race where the Hammer and Sickle was good news. Ever. Just ignore it. Accept your F up, and ignore it some more.

ZIGGY GENETALIA

people will understand its all about the rubles baby

Music Fan

Hey TMZ, did anyone there actually watch this video? Beacuse no point does is Duchovny seen "fantasizing about being ... a ballerina." He does stand next to one, but that's about it.

Not that the guy wouldn't be up for it, when you consider he played a cross-dressing FBI agent on Twin Peaks, and a sexually-ambiguous version of himself on the Larry Sanders Show.

Mimi

Sometimes, it's best to just say NO to selling out.

There's a problem here

Russian beer? I'm a beer drinker, I'd try it. However, speaking of David Duchovny ... no wonder he was a sex addict, he married a gay woman. Is there anyone on earth who doesn't get immediate gaydar when they see Tea Leoni?

PG

What's next TMZ... Should I not watch hockey because there are Russian players?

Demode

Duchovny is awesome.

Anarchyinanaheim

Time to go back to sex addition rehab, commie.

TrippyHippy

Im sorry people, i just did it for the money cause all my X Files money went towards rehab for my slutty actions hahaha

Mario

Not a big deal. I'm sure he just did it for the paycheck. It's not like he's pulling in X-Files money anymore.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments