Kanye West

'I'm the Smartest Celebrity

You've Ever F***ing Dealt With!'

8/6/2014 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0805_kanye_west_attacks_photog_akm_gsiKanye West swears under oath, "I'm the smartest celebrity you've ever f***ing dealt with. I'm not Britney Spears."

We got hold of a transcript of Kanye's deposition in the case where he's accused of beating a photog and smashing his camera.

Kanye explains to Nate Goldberg, the photog's lawyer, "I'm in the business of trying to make dope s**t for the world.  You're in the business of representing scums and trying to make as much money as long as there's this lapse in the law."

Goldberg grills Kanye about his song, "Flashing Lights," -- a rant against the paparazzi. Goldberg quotes from the song, "Till I get flashed by the paparazzi, damn, these ni**as got me."

At that point Kanye interrupts, "You have to ask for a hall pass. You can't just say the 'n' word around me." adding, "It offends me because you're a white person saying 'ni**a.'"

Kanye says there's a parallel between blacks fighting for civil rights in the '60s and celebs fighting for theirs today:  "I mean in the '60s people used to hold up 'Die N****r' signs when my parents were in the sit-ins also."  Goldberg asks if he equates the struggle of blacks in the past with celebrities today and Kanye says, "Yes, 100 ... I equate it to discrimination.  I equate it to inequalities."

Kanye goes on, "We, as group of minorities here in L.A., as celebrities have to ban together to influence guys like this -- guys trying to take the picture, guys trying to get the big win, guys trying to get the check."

The depo is riddled with Kanye's sarcasm.  When Goldberg asks where he lives, Kanye replies, "Earth."

0806-kanye-west-lax-aftermath-footer-2

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Knuckleheads28

He's the dumbest celebrity that we all have to deal with and read about!

goldenbabe

He needs to go away already his music is sh*t and so is everything he does

whydoIevencomment

He's an idiot

dodgers2014

Can we all pitch in a book him and his trash wife and in- laws on a Malaysia airlines flight. The earth wold be so much better

Dante43

(null)

ForgetTheName

The problem here is that even if he's right about the need for stricter paparazzi safety laws, he's such a d-bag that nobody's listening.

Bridget

Wow, did you all hear that? I think I just heard every civil rights leader through history, alive and dead, mentally slap Kanye.

You equate people getting beaten, sprayed with fire hoses, attacked by dogs and killed fighting for their rights, to people taking your picture? GFY

Your mother would be so ashamed of you right now. Tsk Tsk

watzitooya

Yikes!

V

I would be able to put a comment but I can not stop laughing at how smart mr awesomeness. Sponge Bob Square pants is smarter than mr west.

mollie1983

I can't believe he's actually comparing being a celeb to what racial minorities used to go through during the civil rights movement. He's a moron. I think he forgot whats it's like to be normal. Or possibly he's never been normal to begin with. Id love for him to live a day in my shoes. Talk about struggles! He has no idea. It's infuriating.

nana

Talk yur **** Yeezy

royalredus

Ironically, I have always found poor Kanye to be dumber than a bag of hammers. And usually if a person has to SAY he's smart, well then, it's probably because he has no other way of proving it to anyone :)

brian

Delusional and plain dumb! He's made it like he fights wars or some other stupid comparison and now he's equating the stalkarazzi hounding them as the same thing as Civil Rights Movement? He really does have his head in the clouds and he keeps getting dumber.

IfYouSaySo

He compares the struggle of blacks in the 60 to being LA celebrities ?! IDIOT !!!! Getting refused service in the 60 to celebrities being priority in LA is one example that mr Kardashian dnt knw what the PHUCK he's talking about JERK !!

kali