« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Robin Williams Death

Andre Agassi Mourns Loss Of True Friend

8/11/2014 6:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0811_Andre-Agassi-on-Robin-Williams_getty
Andre Agassi
 shared some hysterical moments with Robin Williams over the the years -- and tonight he and Steffi Graf are thanking him for his big-hearted efforts to support their charity.

Agassi and Graf tell TMZ Sports ... "Stefanie and I are saddened at the loss of our friend. He was one of the kindest, most generous people we have ever known."

Robin often donated items to Agassi's charity auctions ... going to great lengths to raise money for the Agassi Foundation even when he wasn't able to attend the event.

Andre and Steffi added, "Our prayers are with his family and closest friends during this very sad and difficult time. Today the world has lost a beautiful soul."

Back in 1998 at UCLA ... Robin, Andre and Billy Crystal had the crowd howling at a charity tennis tournaments. Great moment.

081114_robin_williams_tennis_launch For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

FREEDOM

A TRULY SAD LOSS. !!!

Edward

I wonder if these two did meth together??

BeiberVegasHoHo

Agassi always had a difficult time with Pistol Pete Sampras. Grand Slams were Pete's thang!!!!

darkhawk007

RIP Robin you'll be missed but never forgotten

Rob Zombie is King

Depression surely doesn't discriminate. Robin had the best doctors and medicine, and sadly, he still lost his battle with this horrible disease. I hope he has now found the peace that eluded him on this Earth. RIP.

myopinion

Such a sad day! R.I.P.Robin

iBetty

Robin Williams was an American treasure.. Sad he had to go out that way.. May his comedy live on! :-(

Netty

Wow!! I cant believe Robin Williams is gone!!! 😭 Just today, I saw his face on the Tram ride at Universal Studios Hollywood. As you wait in line, there are several beautiful, big displays of actors & actresses pics. My bf & I were just talking about how Robin Williams is one of the greatest. I come home & hear that he's gone. My heart hurts 💔 We lost a legend. R.I.P

Edward

You know these two guys did meth together

Sue

Too funny, sad that a truly funny, caring human being ended his life this way. He will be missed.

Seraphina

Depression does not discriminate, how sad and tragic. Poor kids !

Vanity

He will be missed, a great guy ! :(

amerksfan

Did andre buy some meth to smoke