Robin Williams

'Selfish' for Committing Suicide

Says Todd Bridges

8/11/2014 4:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0811_robin_williams_todd_bridges_tmzRobin Williams' death had been reported for just minutes, when "Diff'rent Strokes" star Todd Bridges bashed Williams for committing suicide ... calling it "a very selfish act."

Bridges moaned he's had a hard time too but didn't take what he implies is the easy way out:  "You don't think that my life has been hell and I've had so many ups and downs now. If I did that what am i showing my children that when it gets tough that's the way out No you gotta buckle down ask God to help you. That's when prayer really comes into effect."

Bridges did give him this, "Rest in peace Robin Williams I hope you found what you were looking for."
update_graphic_red_barA few hours later Bridges apologized for the timing of his comments, saying ... "My best friend committed suicide a few months ago, and I was devastated to discover that he did not solicit my help. I am sure that my attitude toward Williams's death was a delayed reaction of my best friend's death. Again, I apologize for my negative comment, and I ask forgiveness for any pain that I have caused anyone."

0811_robin_williams_remembering_footer_4

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Melchiondo

Hey Todd Bridges- Go F*ck Yourself

BLUE UGLY 💩

Shut up Todd, you crackhead. Depression is a mental disease, not a choice

john flynn

SHUT UP LOSER

Drizzz.

This is tasteless. No surprise at the reporting standards of the TMZ back room staff and the quality of the source passing judgement here. That guy off of different strokes judging anybody, lest not Robin Williams. Seen as the chap is obviously religious, why doesn't he now only God has the right to pass judgement?

really?

who cares what this Has Been thinks. RIP Mr. Williams

Drizzz.

This is tasteless. No surprise at the reporting standards of the TMZ back room staff and the quality of the source passing judgement here. That guy off of different strokes judging anybody, lest not Robin Williams. Seen as the chap is obviously religious, why doesn't he know only God has the right to pass judgement?

H8Kardash

What cho talkin bout Willis???

missdiva22

omg she is one little bitch ****d up

missdiva22

omg she is one little bitch ****d up

Lisa

SHUT THE **** UP - Unless you carried his brain, you have no idea what he was going through. There are different levels of depression. Just because you are/were depressed, you are IN NO POSITION TO JUDGE HIM.

Brooklyn

Stfu b!tch. No 2 people are the same. How dare you compare your broke junkie as$ to a legend. Let his family grieve and let him find his peace, ya bum.

ree

What a c*ck. If you haven't been to that place mentally you have no f*cking idea. Shut your f*cking mouth.

Lexy

I can see how people think that it's selfish. But you do not understand what goes on inside a depressed mind. Everyone has their demons, but someone who suffers from depression has their demons always on the forefront. Yes, I hope that Robin found what he was looking for - peace. He was a one of a kind comedian. Sure will miss ya.

Imacutelittlekittycat

What an insensitive jerk! Most people that commit suicide, think that with them being gone, it does their loved ones a favor (that's what the illness does to our "logical" way of thinking. My heart breaks for Robin and his family and friends, because I know that God awful internal suffering. RIP, Robin. And to his family and loved ones, may you find peace one day, knowing he is no loge suffering those demons. And Todd, this isn't about YOU.

Orsayor

Todd.. Please press pause on your lips.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments