Robin Williams

'Selfish' for Committing Suicide

Says Todd Bridges

8/11/2014 4:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0811_robin_williams_todd_bridges_tmzRobin Williams' death had been reported for just minutes, when "Diff'rent Strokes" star Todd Bridges bashed Williams for committing suicide ... calling it "a very selfish act."

Bridges moaned he's had a hard time too but didn't take what he implies is the easy way out:  "You don't think that my life has been hell and I've had so many ups and downs now. If I did that what am i showing my children that when it gets tough that's the way out No you gotta buckle down ask God to help you. That's when prayer really comes into effect."

Bridges did give him this, "Rest in peace Robin Williams I hope you found what you were looking for."
update_graphic_red_barA few hours later Bridges apologized for the timing of his comments, saying ... "My best friend committed suicide a few months ago, and I was devastated to discover that he did not solicit my help. I am sure that my attitude toward Williams's death was a delayed reaction of my best friend's death. Again, I apologize for my negative comment, and I ask forgiveness for any pain that I have caused anyone."

0811_robin_williams_remembering_footer_4

mandii~sue

Obviously has never had someone he loved suffer from mental illness or depression. **** off dude. You cant pray your way out of feeling that way. Ive been there. The only thing you can do is.hope.for a.moment of.clarity where you ask for help.

Just Becky

He's right....it is a very selfish thing to do....but I'm sure in the moment you just don't care....and maybe it was his first and last selfish act ever....RIP Robin...

Lucey

I Think Everyone Knows That It's Selfish But No Need To Bash The Man About It. Poor Character Skills From Todd Bridges. What a Loser For Making That Comment

Rene1978

My husband committed suicide as we'll and it's much deeper than just a selfish act , it's something he just couldn't handle .. Rip .. People who suffer depression need to seek help I pray for his family

Gru V

Shut your mouth you classless weenie. Not helpful and not a good time to whine about yourself.

Lennie

Go **** yourself Todd!

oleman

Who is Todd Bridges? And why does he think he is the same stratosphere as Robin Williams? Mr Williams was a beloved star to everyone! And no one knows what he was going through!

Rest in Peace Mr Williams, and never mind the "wannabe's" that will use your misfortune to make a name for themselves!

Miss jNay

A lil to soon but very very true!!

LA

Todd Bridges should NEVER open his mouth again! He's about as insensitive as it gets. What a jerk!

NorCALIgrl

Todd Bridges should NOT be judging ANYONE . Addicts are ALL selfish HOW DARE HIM judge! ! He has a LONG HISTORY OF DRUG ABUSE! ! God is the only judge. . RIP to a BRILLIANT and TALENTED Robin Williams!! Todd Bridges shame on you. . To bad you could NEVER be half the talent of Robin Williams. .. YOUR S***! ! thoughts and prayers to Robin Williams family. .

Coelmc1986

Why post this story? This guy is irrelevant in entertainment today and is capitalizing on this tragedy for the attention!

Lil

You stupid brain dead piece of ****. There is a BIG difference between picking yourself up when you suffer from depression!!!!!. Go to school and get some education before you open your stupid mouth seeking your pathetic 15 secs of fame.

Mykuh

This is tough. If bridges went through the sorrow of losing a loved one to suicide I could see where he hostility comes from but he must realize mental illness/depression is so real... I've lived it all. My dad committed suicide and his mother a crack.whore and myself have struggled. Overall it was insensitive to say. Keep to itself. And RIP Robin Williams <3

Mayu

He's right... but he is wrong about how he came out so fast and said it. Too soon man

ReliableSource

Different Chokes to rule the world.