Kendall Jenner

Threatens to Sue Waitress

Over Inadvertent Dine and Dash

8/14/2014 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0813-kendall-jenner-tmz-01Kendall Jenner claims she's been defamed by a waitress who said the 18-year-old threw money in her face ... and she's threatening to sue.

TMZ has obtained a letter from Kendall's lawyer, admitting Jenner was indeed at Mercer Kitchen last week and that she accidentally skipped out on the bill.

But legal pitbull Marty Singer says the rest of the waitress' story is a pack of lies. The waitress tweeted she chased Kendall down the street to get the money and Jenner threw it in her face.

Singer says in the letter ... what actually happened was that the waitress did come up to her outside but Jenner was "extremely apologetic" and gladly paid what she owed -- $33, plus a $7 tip ... which she "politely handed" to her.

Singer says, "Although you are working as a waitress at Mercer Kitchen, I understand you are also a struggling actress," adding, "You no doubt concocted a fictionalized account of your encounter with my client in order to create publicity for yourself."

081314_hungry_stars_footer

Joshua

O lawd...

Black Adam

Cut the Ho's Hand off! Somebody quick, go straight Zimbabwe on that Trick!

Josh

I don't want this one to go away. i want this little nasty skank called kendall jenner to pay a steep price for BULLYING this waitress with the s*** of the earth called Marty Singer.

Wolfperm

This snobby little broad and her bullying @ss family really need to step off of that imaginary pedestal. Every single time someone reports anything about a Kardashian or Jenner that is not a paid advertisement or fictional story provided by them.. they threaten to sue. You don't want the world to know that you requested and were refused alcohol.. got pissed off about it.. left without paying.. then threw money in this woman's face??? But it's ok for you and your underaged sister to party with grown men.. while consuming alcohol.. and other substances floating around the room along with a dong cake and it's all on camera you nasty little brat??? Get over yourself!!! This is no different than Scott stuffing money in someones mouth a few years ago.. so this type of behavior definitely runs in the family. Sit your spoiled @ss down somewhere.. learn how to read a d a m n book.. and stop trying to get drunk.

Lorena

I apologize for ranting, in advance. But this little BITCH is the product of her FAMILY. She actually thinks she is ENTITLED to skip out.

I am honestly OUTRAGED. WHAT a bitc!! I am ashamed for ever having HOPE for anyone in this family. Pathetic. Im done.

jay26mc

I believe the waitress.

Unbroken Chain

Who gives a crap she's a little slit like the rest of them

Areader

I don't believe Kendall Jenner would behave in that manner.

Lorena

Apparently, I am not finished ranting! If my daughter ever behaved like this, I would scold her an ground her (like I used to get). I don't care if u are a janitor or a judge, black or white, smart or dumb. . . EVERYONE deserves respect in their profession. SHE IS NAFF, IMO!!

Wolfperm

Mr. Singer acknowledges that defamation suits are tough to win, and seldom pay much. Usually, his aim is suppression. “Our goal is to try to kill the story, to take action before things get out,” says Mr. Singer..

NY Times Business Day 2011

So basically.. this is all about damage control. I wouldn't retract any statements that were factual.. eff them.

slavnar

So we are expected to believe, this spoiled rich kid who ran out on her bill and was confronted by a "lowly" waitress, "politely" gave her 40 dollars.

I will believe that when I crap rainbow sherbert.

Marissa

You're a mega rich celebrity/model and you only tip 20%?! That shoud be the real crime... lol

sundaygirl

No one "accidentally" forgets to pay their meal tab; trashy family prob expects to be comped everywhere.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Doesn't even matter anymore if this story is true. Everyone hates this scrawny useless dumb bitch. She has a lot more public humiliation in her future. At the moment, gonorrhea and herpes is eating her tiny malfunctioning brain. She's never going to learn to read haha.

armsmom

I may not have Kardashian money, but I have 2 kids who have gone to college and actually work for their money and I have a son who is a junior in high school. All 3 of my kids are very responsible