« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Steelers Running Back:

I Didn't Know You Could Get a DUI

For Being High

8/22/2014 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

8020-blount-bell-getty-swipe-01
Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell told police he had no idea he could get a DUI for driving while high -- after admitting that he smoked weed before getting behind the wheel ... this according to the police report obtained by TMZ Sports.

As we previously reported, Bell and teammate LeGarrette Blount  were arrested on August 20th in Pennsylvania -- after a cop said he could smell weed coming from their Camaro.

According to the report, the cop initially asked Bell (the driver) if he had any weed in the car -- and he initially said NO.

But when the cop asked if he was high, Bell reportedly replied, "It was about a minute ago. We smoked within the last two hours."

The cop said he called for backup -- including a K9 unit to search the car -- and that's when Bell told the officer he had weed in the glove box.

Bell, Blount and a woman in the car told the cop they had all chipped in to buy the weed.

The cop says he told Bell he could be in trouble for driving under the influence -- to which Bell replied, "I didn't know that you could get a DUI for being high. I smoked two hours ago. I am not high anymore. I am perfectly fine."

"Why would I be getting high if I had to get on a plane to make it to my game?"

He added, "I have to be on my plane at 3 to be in Philadelphia, I play for the Steelers."

The cop ran some field sobriety tests -- Bell bombed -- and he was arrested. Blount and the female passenger were each cited for weed possession.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

iBetty

You have several typos towards the end Tmz...

Stiletto

Blunt & Bowl?

Noog

Dumb ass. Under the influence doesn't have to mean alcohol

Your S&M Girlfriend

Thanks a lot. That's my hometown team. Those asswholes were driving down a major highway that is always crowded and has stores and eateries, etc. everywhere, smoking weed. Brilliant. At least the arrest was without incident. Good job playing last night too, by the way. I changed the channel to Investigation Discovery because either way someone was going to get murdered.

BlindFury

You have to wonder why these athletes from all sports don't utilize a friq'n limo.

KingKilla_2013

they will get off... you cant prove he was "under the influence" 2 hrs later. you test positive for 30 days after smoking once. He will have an attorney splain it to em.

FREEDOM

THE IDIOT ADMITTED TO SMOKING WEED .....

FREEDOM

THE POLICE ARE CRACKIN DOWN ON THESE THUGS..

bring back recent posts

These football players aren't exactly known for sharp tools, pretty much blunt ones! No pun intended.

FREEDOM

MONKEY SEE , MONKEY DO...

FREEDOM

SOON ENOUGH THEY'LL BE IN THERE ORANGE MONKEY SUITS...

toddpugz7111

Douchebags!!

M.W.electric

Oh boy!

M.W.electric

D. W. I....?

FREEDOM

OBVIOUSLY NOT SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER...

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments