« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Packers Lineman

I'M SHOCKED

Alleged Rapist Cop Was 'One Of My Best Friends'

8/24/2014 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0822-tj-lang-getty-01Green Bay Packers guard T.J. Lang says he's "shocked" by the horrific rape allegations against Oklahoma City police officer Daniel Holtzclaw ... telling TMZ Sports the two were best friends during their football days at Eastern Michigan.

As we previously reported, Holtzclaw -- a standout linebacker at EMU -- is accused of sexually assaulting at least 7 women during his late night shifts with the OCPD.

Lang -- who played at EMU from 2005-08 -- tells us, "He was one of my best friends. I'm totally shocked."

0822-daniel-ken-holtzclaw-mug-02

"He was one of our captains. Guys looked to him for leadership.

Holtzclaw is still in custody on a $5 million bond. Lang says the whole situation is sad in every possible way.

"I'm praying for him ... but more importantly I'm praying for the victims." For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Noog

Really bro? Were you also shocked his face looks down syndromey too bro

StevenB

Nice to see a pro athlete that has his priorities straight and isn't championing the offender for a change.

Kartrashian Klown

The dude ( the rapist) does look a bit off. Looks like long lost, white brother of George Zimmerman with Down syndrome. He wasn't that close of a best friend if he had no idea nor ever suspected his buddy was a serial rapist.

leslie

Not even close to looking like he has downs syndrome....that is an insult to downs people. They don't want to be linked to this. This guy is a dumb a**.....simple as that. Dumb.A**.

BlindFury

After all the COPS we have seen busted for stealing, raping, and killing. COPS say "Oh, that was just one bad apple." Sounds like only the ones stupid enough to get caught.

Kent

I'll be Shocked if anyone knows who this guy is

Lulu

Saying that he looks line he has Downs Syndrome is stupid. And an insult to people that do have it.

immamamma

I love the Packers!!!

Hollywood

Phil Mickelson was a high school golf teammate of Scott Peterson for 2 of his 4 years . In 2002 Peterson killed his wife and his trial was all over the news. When the media asked Mickelson about Peterson, Mickelson's spokesman said Phil has no recollection of Scott Peterson. Smart move by Team Phil.

Whatever

The rapist eyes are too close together, giving him that "special needs" look.

watzitooya

Yikes!

LDB

He's going to be popular in prison. Big Bubba is going to buy him for a pack of ramon noodles and a twinkie.

aydensfd

Im so shocked a cop is accused of a horrible crime (sarcasm)

Gru V

I just can't even imagine finding out someone I knew had done something like this.

LAsFINEST