Nicki Minaj

BS No Time to Zip

Wardrobe Malfunction STAGED

8/25/2014 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

082514_nicki_minaj_wardrobe_launch
Nicki Minaj CLAIMS her dress was unzipped during her performance at the VMAs because she didn't have enough time to get ready ... but that's BS -- she pulled the same stunt during rehearsals.

Eyewitnesses who watched Nicki's rehearsal Sunday morning tell TMZ ... she walked on stage wearing the same dress -- unzipped. One eyewitness says it caught her eye because she initially thought Nicki had come out in a robe.

We're told Nicki was wrapping her arms around the dress in a "weird" sort of way ... trying to manipulate it to see how much would be exposed.

And we're told ... the VMAs created a make-shift dressing room right off stage -- draped with black sheets -- so she would have enough time to change.

Whatever, it worked ... everyone's talking about it.

Brian Hughes

Are we really surprised?

Queen.of.the.Obvious

It ruined the end of the other girls' performance. Jesse J and Ariana were killing it. I don't consider myself a "fan" of them but they really did a great job. Nicki's bs, whether intended or not, took away from the other two girls' awesomeness. They were still amazing though despite having to share the stage with that trash.

iBetty

LOL she desperate for attention! Like purchasing a colossal Ass was not enough!

bring back recent posts

I ended up watching the show and totally enjoyed it. Then again it didn't have much of that crap rap stuff on it for a change. They could have done without that lame dude from SNL though.Beyonce was fantastic as usual.

Morton Lipshitz

MTV: Show music videos instead of crappy perverted "reality" shows and the VMA cesspool.

blacknote

The pressures of the average fecal brained young entertainer. It's such a trial, I'm sure.

Netty

Really.... What isnt fake about this chick?

babycakes

I see the vmas every year and I must say that I was bored. And typical Nicki wants all the eyes on her so I'm not surprised that is was staged

*caligirl*jojo*

Trash! idgaf what anyone says. No talent attention whore. Is that all the music business has to offer these days? Smdh

youmakemesick

I was terrified watching her hold that dress closed. I was waiting for her to let that sh*t go and show everyone her chunks. I was so relieved when it was over and none of her sh*t came out. No one wants to see that but she keeps trying. Its absolutely disturbing. Completely rancid.

boredwithouttmz

Lol whos talking about it but you guys ????? Ill wait.

Jeff

Nicki Minaj needs attention because Iggy is stealing all of her thunder. She has always been low class. She has that typical diva attitude where all eyes should be on her and no one else. Nicki you're trash

Numapass

Such a mediocre talent - sad reflection on the overall state of the music industry

maintboy