« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

USC's Josh Shaw

Named In Burglary Report

Cops Speak to Football Star

8/26/2014 2:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0826_josh_shaw_getty3
USC football player Josh Shaw was named in a burglary report ... stemming from an incident that went down Saturday night ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ Sports

We're told Shaw was NOT named as a suspect in the burglary.

Here's the breakdown -- we're told someone called police to report a suspicious person "shimmying" down the side of a building in downtown L.A. near the USC campus. The tipster gave a description of the suspicious person to police.

We're told cops went to the building to investigate  -- and spoke to a woman who lived in the building. Cops gave the woman the description of the suspicious person and asked if she had seen anyone who matched the description.

We're told the woman said, "Yes, that sounds like my boyfriend Josh Shaw."

Cops took a "burglary report" -- even though nothing was reported stolen -- and in it, mentioned the connection to Shaw.

Cops later spoke with Shaw on the phone and the USC football player denied ever being at the building.

USC says it's investigating Shaw's claims that he saved his nephew from drowning Saturday night -- and injured his ankles jumping off a 2 story building to rush to his nephew's aid.

Cops tell us they're going to re-interview everyone involved in light of new information.

Story developing ... For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

timmyjim

Here we go!!

Kobe_No_Means_No

Cops needs to stop using the stock description for suspects or else the whole USC team's going to be gone. Maybe even the Clippers and Lakers too. Truth.

iBetty

Lol wow...

beigebrother

I was just defending the dude like 2 minutes ago! Now I'm drownin in dude's lies... smh...

Luckybadabing

Oh dam he know he did it

dereal

That's shady if true...this a true "hero" to zero

Otter

He tripped walking down the library steps.

gjs

Roger Godell just suspended him for 8 weeks

karmasue

If he was there and came up with a bogus hero story to tell to cover it up that's a sociopathic action...

Hans Gruber

I have always felt that African American males have superior morals and ethics to the white males. My mom used to tell me to say at least one nice thing about others regardless of the truth in those words.

Unbroken Chain

I really hope he is telling the truth. I read the story before work this morning and it started my day off happy to hear he saved that kid. I can't believe he would go to the hospital, which he did, if he was worried about the police

amyd

His girlfriend gave him up. That's crazy!! Well, that relationship is over. Dummies.

Vote2012

I think these idiots must think you must be arrested several times in college to improve your chances of getting in the NFL.

Kangaroddy

Josh shaw is telling the truth! OJ

KateWinslet'sStudbolt

Thug. Just like Kaepernick.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments