« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

LenDale White

DEFENDS USC COACH

He's Not a Racist!!!

8/29/2014 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0828_ledell-white_steve_sarkisian_gettyUSC football legend LenDale White says Steve Sarkisian is NOT A RACIST ... telling TMZ Sports the allegations made by former running back Anthony Brown couldn't be further from the truth.

White -- who dominated at USC from 2003-05 when Sarkisian was the quarterback's coach -- gave a definitive answer when we asked if Brown's accusations had any validity.

"Hell No. Not in my life have I ever experienced that with Sark."

And there's more ... White says he's never heard ANYONE ever complain about Sark being a racist ... and considers the guy "one of top three coaches I ever had."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

TheTryke

Some people have class, some don't. We know Antonio Brown doesn't because he just gave up his scholarship #dropout

Noog

Okay wtf ever.

Stiletto

I noticed THIS story did not make TMZ's main page.

Demosthenes

Pretty sure that the racism claim was a serious exaggeration. Definitely sure that the use of LenDale White and legend in the same sentence is a gross exaggeration.

Mr Barcliff

NONE OF US KNOW IF HE WAS TREATED UNFAIRLY BY SARK. WHAT I CAN SAY IS THAT AS A BLACK AFRICAN LIVING IN AMERICA, WE HAVE TO BE SURE TO CLAIM RACSIM WHEN ITS VALID THOUGH. IT WEAKENS LEGIT CLAIMS WHEN THEY COME ABOUT. AS FOR THE COACH, MAYBE HE SAID THINGS THAT RUBBED BROWN THE WRONG WAY. WE MUST NOT FORGET, KIFFIN COACHED USC BEFORE AND BROWN DIDNT HAVE ISSUE WITH HIM. KIFFIN WASNT KNOWN AS A LIKABLE GUY SO FOR THIS GUY TO DISLIKE SARK, TO ME SENDS A RED FLAG, FORGET RACISM. THERES ISSUES WITH USC'S FOOTBALL PROGRAM IN GENERAL. I DONT AGREE WITH THE RACISM CLAIMS BUT, I THINK THERE MAY BE A ISSUE WITH WHO USC HIRED. THEY SHOULD HAVE BEGGED JOHN GRUDEN TO UNRETIRE AND PAID HIM 8 MILLION A YEAR TO SAVE THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM, GREAT TRADITION AND THESE INCIDENTS WOULDNT HAPPEN UNDER A LEADER OF MEN LIKE JOHN GRUDEN.

lourdgoogoo

These false claims of racism hurt the real victims. It is sad.