« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Herschel Walker

I've Got a GREAT Joan Rivers Story

9/4/2014 1:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0904_herschel-walker_joan_rivers_gettyJoan Rivers made one hell of an impression on her former "Celebrity Apprentice" co-star Herschel Walker ... who just told us a story about Joan that's pretty awesome.

First off, Walker says Rivers was one of the nicest people he'd ever met -- and says he's "very depressed" after learning about her passing.

"I didn’t know much about Joan before 'Apprentice' besides the fact she's a comedian -- but she’s much more than that. She taught me a lot. She's an amazing person."

Now for the story ... Walker says," After 'Celebrity Apprentice,' she asked for my mom’s address. Then, she sent my mom a letter saying how I was such a nice man and sent her a charm necklace by the Joan Rivers collection."

How cool is that?!

"So, unexpected and kind of her," Walker tells us.

R.I.P.

0904_herschel-walker_joan_rivers_celebrity_aprrentice

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

6one9

RIP Joan!!!
Thanks for ```the LOL's :)

ILCN

Aw sooo sweet. Rip joan <3

shakedoggy

if her daughter starts dating the murderous doctor then we will know that this was an inside job.

Noog

Kind words sir. RIP Joan

truth1253

R.I.P Ms. Rivers

TuxThePenguin

why are people saying she was a racist????? am I missing something? she made fun of EVERYONE (including herself). she made me laugh...a LOT.

CindyCindyCindy

That was a sweet thing to do.

mounatinemomma

I didnt always agree with the stuff she said but sometimes we caught a different glimpse of her like the above story. I think she was a very different person when not putting on a show. My condolences to her daughter and grandson, may you all find peace.

1587581

She was awesome! So sad to learn she passed! Fashion police was my favorite show and she would make me lAugh so hard! Rip you will be missed Ps she was not racist, she made fun of everyone! And it was so freaking funny

tators4kittens

Nice words from a nice man

Chap

I did not find funny some of the things she said,,but I guess when the cameras were off she was a totally different person,RIP,,GOD BLESS!!

LoveKanyeKim

RIP. DEF WILL BE MISSED.

cleverscreename

Joan....hopefully you are shaking things up alittle in heaven, and makin them laugh! You were truly an amazing woman here, you will be missed!!! RIP

ART C

She was very nice , I was in a movie with her 45 yrs ago called The Swimmer She was a very cool , honest and decent woman God bless

mary goode