Ray McDonald's parents are adamant their son did NOT attack the mother of his child ... claiming he's a good man whose NFL career has been destroyed by his accuser's lies.
Labrina McDonald tells TMZ Sports she and her husband have spoken with Ray since his domestic violence arrest and he says there's a WITNESS who can prove McDonald never laid a finger on his accuser.
"[Ray's] personal driver witnessed everything that happened. He never touched her."
As we previously reported, Ray's ex-fiancee claims McDonald was drunk and aggressive toward her and their baby during an incident early Monday morning.
But Labrina says her son was NOT the aggressor -- adding, "Ray is never going to hit a woman. He may say some stuff to piss them off, he may kick them out of his house. But he'd never lay his hands on them. We didn't raise him that way."
Ray was arrested for a second time on Wednesday for violating a restraining order when he returned to his ex's apartment. McDonald's father tells us bluntly, "He should not have been there."
Ray's dad says the family knows the reality of the situation -- that Ray will likely never play in the NFL again -- but it could be the best thing for him.
"He can move on from football, develop a business mindset like my wife and I have. He'll be okay. He's going to be successful. He comes from a great family."
"He just needs to get the hell out of Dodge and get his life together."