TMZ

TMZ SPORTS

  • FS1
    M-T-Th-F:
    9:00 PM PST

    W:
    9:30 PM PST

Jeffrey Tambor Amazon Honchos Say ... You Can't Quit, We're Firing You!!!

2/15/2018 12:59 PM PST
Breaking News

5:45 PM PT -- Tambor's responded, saying he's disappointed in the handling of these "false accusations" against him by Amazon and more so Soloway, and claims in his 4 years of working with her on "Transparent," the accusations were never revealed to him or discussed directly. He says he will continue to vehemently defend himself.

He adds ... "I can only surmise that the investigation against me was deeply flawed and biased toward the toxic politicized atmosphere that afflicted our set." He also says the "biggest heartbreak" is that the show is now in jeopardy.Jeffrey Tambor is officially off his award-winning show, "Transparent" -- Amazon Studios announced the firing after investigating the sexual harassment allegations against him.

Amazon didn't release the results of its internal investigation, but easy to read between the lines ... since they canned their star. Tambor had previously claimed he was quitting the show after his former assistant and a co-star accused him. He later backed off that, but it's a moot point now.

"Transparent" showrunner Jill Soloway said, "We are taking definitive action to ensure our workplace respects the safety and dignity of every individual, and are staking steps to heal as family."

Sounds like the investigation results were all bad for Tambor -- and it also seems the show will go on without him.

Scott Baio Threatens to Sue Eggert, Polinsky and Bloom

2/14/2018 1:40 PM PST

Scott Baio has threatened to sue Nicole Eggert, Alexander Polinsky, Lisa Bloom and anyone else he claims has defamed him with false allegations of sexual abuse and harassment.

Scott's rep, Brian Glicklich, says Scott denies every single claim made against him. During the news conference, Glicklich and Scott's lawyer, Jennifer McGrath, said Eggert and Polinsky have had "ever-changing stories" and point to an interview Eggert did where she said, "I would love to work with him [Scott] again and am friends with his wife."

They went on to say Nicole has a track record of making false claims. As for Eggert's demand for an apology, they say Scott will not apologize for things he never did.

Glicklich called this a "media witch hunt" by people "hungry for publicity."

As for Polinsky's claim that he was sexually harassed and even physically assaulted on the set when he was 11 and 12, Baio's team says there were hundreds of people on the set yet no one reported any act of abuse.

And Baio's reps called BS on Polinsky for saying he was not ready to take a call from Scott a decade ago where Scott was going to apologize, and they pointed to photos of the 2 of them with their arms around each other 7 years ago at Scott's birthday party.

They also speculated Eggert's motivation for making her allegations is that she is no longer on TV and relevant. 

'American Horror Story' Video Shows Fans Out of Control ... Murder House Owners Say

2/14/2018 1:47 PM PST
EXCLUSIVE

The current owners of the Murder House from "American Horror Story" say these videos and photos of fans swarming around their home show exactly why they're suing the previous owner.

The videos are pretty insane -- some fans climbed into a dumpster as it was raised by a garbage truck ... just to get a peek over the fence! Another fan seemed to nap in the front yard, while another chilled right on the porch.

As we reported, Ernst Von Schwarz and Angela Oakenfold are suing the home's previous owner, claiming they were never told the house was on 'AHS,' and has become a "macabre tourist attraction." Even when fans aren't trespassing, they're lined up by the dozens outside the chain link fence. 

Schwarz and Oakenfold -- who paid $3.2 million for the mansion in 2014 -- were on "TMZ Live" Wednesday. They wanted to make it clear they don't hate 'AHS' fans, but some go too far, and make them feel unsafe at home.

Scott Baio, Nicole Eggert At War In Dueling News Conferences

2/14/2018 7:01 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

Nicole Eggert's co-star, Alexander Polinsky, will hold a news conference today addressing what his lawyer, Lisa Bloom, calls "the sexual harassment abuse he alleges against the actor Scott Baio," and Baio's team is declaring all-out war, saying they will expose Eggert, Polinsky and Bloom as "sleaze mongers."

Bloom's news conference is scheduled for 9:30 AM PT. It's unclear why Polinsky has lawyered up ... whether he has a claim against Baio. The press release has been interpreted by some outlets as Polinsky alleging sexual abuse, but that seems to be a leap because, as we reported, he met with LAPD detectives last week to describe alleged abuse he witnessed.

As for Baio ... his news conference is scheduled for 2 PM PT at his lawyer's office. His spokesperson, Brian Glicklich, tells TMZ, "Nicole Eggert, Alexander Polinsky and their attorney have brought a media circus to town, complete with false allegations, misleading insinuations, and pure sleaze mongering. If they wish to have a public conversation about their histories and motives, it will present a very different picture of why they are making these allegations."

We don't know if Baio will be at his lawyer's news conference. 

TMZ will be live streaming both news conferences. 

LaVar Ball Butchers Nas Song ... On 'Lip Sync Battle'

2/14/2018 8:35 AM PST
Breaking News

Oh man ... this is painful. 

LaVar Ball took the mic on "Lip Sync Battle" and decided to do his biggest, ballerest version of the Nas classic, "Hate Me Now" ... and yeah, everyone hates him now.

Including his son, Lonzo Ball.

The Balls competed against each other on the show (airs Thursday) -- Lonzo did "Band and Boujee" by Migos, accompanied by a bunch of twerking girl dancers.

When LaVar got his shot, he tried really hard -- but it became very obvious he didn't really know the words and just sorta jumped around and mouthed a bunch of incorrect lyrics.

Afterward, Lonzo told his dad ... "If I was Nas I'd be mad he put on a performance like that on my song. I'd be mad."

Guessing this ain't gonna help the beef between 'Zo and the NY rap star.

Susan Lucci Baywatch-Ready in Barbados ... Hubba Hubba!!!

2/14/2018 7:53 AM PST

Susan Lucci's still making daytime look hot ... she's just doing it on the beach in Barbados now, instead of TV.

The "All My Children" legend was lounging in a red one-piece that proves she's still ready to play soap opera sex kitten Erica Kane ... someone just say the word.

Susan's having a Valentine's getaway with her husband, Helmut Huber ... who she's been with for 48 years! (Suck it, Erica with your 11 marriages).

Here's a few things you're definitely NOT thinking about while looking at this gallery: Susan is a mother of 2, grandmother of 3, and 71 glorious years young.

Chris Noth I'll Take the 'Big' Road, Thank You ... In SJP, Kim Cattrall Fight

2/13/2018 7:53 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

Kim Cattrall and Sarah Jessica Parker might want to follow their old co-star Chris Noth's lead when it comes to the next step in their bitter feud.

We got Chris -- who played SJP's "Sex and the City" BF -- Monday night in NYC and asked how his character, Mr. Big, would squash the beef between the ladies. His response, we think, is spot-on. 

Kim Cattrall went nuclear over the weekend, saying Sarah was painting her as the villain for not wanting to do a third 'SATC' flick ... and claimed SJP was desperate to improve her "nice girl" image.

Let's be honest ... stepping into the middle of this fray would be a no-win sitch for any guy. Even Mr. Big, which explains why he took this approach to our question.

'AHS' Murder House New Owners Sue ... This Place Is a Real-Life Nightmare!!!

2/13/2018 7:38 AM PST
Breaking News

The owners of the famed Los Angeles mansion where "American Horror Story" shot its first season say they got sold a bill of haunted goods, and now they're suing ... a ghost ... so to speak.

The Rosenheim mansion hosted Ryan Murphy, Connie Britton, Sarah Paulson and the rest of the cast of 'AHS' when they shot the "Murder House" season back in 2011. Cut to 2014, when Ernst Von Schwarz and Angela Oakenfold purchased the mansion for $3.2 million.

In a lawsuit, Von Schwarz and Oakenfold say everyday since they moved in has been a nightmare. They say they had no idea their new mansion was a "macabre tourist attraction" ... visited by hundreds of loyal 'AHS' fans who trespass and even attempt to break in.

The couple says the seller never disclosed the mansion's recent past as a TV set, so they feel hoodwinked. Now the twist -- the previous owner is dead. Greta Von Steinbauer passed away in 2017, so Von Schwarz and Oakenfold are suing her estate for at least $3 mil.

Fun fact: Angela is the ex-wife of famed DJ Paul Oakenfold.

'Black-ish' Star Deon Cole Not TOTALLY Sold On 'Black Panther' Donating Profits

2/13/2018 7:17 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

Deon Cole hopes "Black Panther" can be just any other successful movie ... not drowned in controversy over its social role.

We got the "Black-ish" star leaving the Hollywood Improv and asked him if he agrees with Vivica A. Fox in that Disney producers should invest portions of its profits to the African-American community.

Deon wants fans to just let it be ... enjoy 'BP' and long for a sequel just like any other great flick. BTW ... Deon also rips Newsweek for throwing shade at his movie, "The Female Brain." It's hilarious. Watch. 

Actor Patrick Boll Busted for Soliciting a Prostitute ... In Undercover Sting

2/13/2018 6:31 AM PST

Actor Patrick Boll was busted along with 5 others in a Florida prostitution sting.

The actor, whose credits include "Gossip Girl," "How to be Single," and "Burn After Reading," was arrested in a Naples hotel. The men arrested range in age from 29 to 70.

Boll allegedly gave the officer posing as a prostitute $150 in cash "and negotiated to have straight sex from Det. F.S.S."

He was booked for soliciting prostitution and has already bailed out.

One of the men arrested -- Judge Jay Rosman -- was also booked for resisting arrest.

The 6 men allegedly made contact with an undercover officer by text. They thought they were meeting a prostitute in a Naples hotel. The undercover officer, posing as a prostitute, negotiated a price with the men and at that point they were busted. 

James Franco Mere Allegations Won't Stop Me ... I'm Back on 'The Deuce'!

2/13/2018 6:53 AM PST
EXCLUSIVE

James Franco had no comment on President Trump's tweet about "mere allegations" ruining people's lives without due process -- which is fine, 'cause HBO did all the talking.

We got James Monday touching down at LAX, where he was covered up and in a hurry to get to his car. We asked if he agreed with the Trump attack on the #MeToo movement.

He doesn't say much here -- but, frankly, he didn't really need to. Trump's sentiment is not totally accurate. Fact is ... Franco is set to return to his starring role on Season 2 of HBO's hit show, "The Deuce" ... despite allegations of sexual misconduct.

He's been laying relatively low ever since being snubbed by the Oscars ... aside from some casual surfing he's been making part of his regular routine.

After relanding his major role on a critically acclaimed show, James might as well have just said ... what ruined life?  

Justin Bieber Pop Stars in Cars Getting Chummy ... With Jerry Seinfeld

2/12/2018 6:17 PM PST

Jerry Seinfeld might be getting sued over his hit Netflix show, but that's not deterring him from a good ol' fashioned stop-and-chat with stars in their cars ... just ask Justin Bieber.

Jerry was out and about Monday in Bev Hills with his 17-year-old daughter, Sascha, who noticed Bieber cruising beside them. Unclear who flagged who down ... but it appears the Seinfelds might've halted traffic for a chance to meet the Biebs.

The street-side meet-and-greet took place almost immediately after Jerry hit a legal snag over "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee." TMZ broke the story ... a producer claims Jerry jacked the idea 'cause he didn't wanna credit (or pay) the guy as a creator of the show. Jerry's lawyer called the lawsuit "delusional" and a "shakedown."

From the looks of Jerry's face, it seems like he was more interested in JB's Lambo. Cars are sorta his thing, after all. And besides ... he's not great with ID'ing pop stars himself.

Right, Kesha?

Jerry Seinfeld Sued I Helped You Put Comedians in Cars ... Time to Pay Up, Jerry!

2/12/2018 3:11 PM PST
EXCLUSIVE

4:30 PM PT -- Jerry's attorney, Orin Snyder, said in a statement, "This lawsuit is delusional. Jerry independently created 'Comedians in Cars' and Mr. Charles only concocted this claim after the show became a commercial success. We are confident that this shakedown lawsuit will go nowhere."

Jerry Seinfeld's hit show about comedians, coffee and cars wasn't his idea at all ... according to the producer who's now suing.

Christian Charles says he pitched a show idea to Jerry in 2002, and claims it's the basis for "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee." In his lawsuit, Charles says Jerry turned him down, initially, saying he wasn't interested in doing the show.

Charles claims Seinfeld called him back in 2011, and asked about the original concept -- and they went on to shoot a pilot with Jerry in the driver's seat. According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, Jerry and his team were totally into it, and came up with production budgets and marketing plans.

Now the plot twist -- according to the suit, Seinfeld got pissed Charles was claiming ownership interest in the show, and wanted to be paid like it. Charles says Jerry ditched him, and went on to produce the show without him.

He claims Jerry's earning $750k per episode of the Netflix hit, and he wants a "created by" credit and financial compensation.

Around the Web