TMZ

TMZ SPORTS

  • FS1
    M-T-Th-F:
    9:00 PM PST

    W:
    9:30 PM PST

'Odd Squad' Kid Actor Not Feeling Blue About 'Avatar' Banks $150k for Sequels!!!

9/23/2017 12:20 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Teen actor Filip Geljo will make some serious green for playing one of the blue people in "Avatar 2" ... TMZ has learned.

The 15-year-old's set to appear in the next 2 sequels from director James Cameron, and will rake in at least $150,000 for his role, according to his contract. He'll also bank an additional $5k per day for any voice-over work he does ... if there's an 'Avatar' video game.

Talk about an out-of-this-world career move for a kid coming from a show on PBS.

Geljo played Agent Otto on the children's series "Odd Squad" and in the 2016 movie by the same name. "Avatar 2" is due in theaters December 2020.

'Price is Right' Contestants Make $80k History!!!

9/22/2017 10:40 AM PDT

"The Price is Right" busted an Oprah on 3 contestants -- YOU GET $10K! YOU GET $10K!! ... YOU GET $10K!!! -- all on the way to making history during Friday's insane episode.

In honor of Drew Carey's 10th anniversary of hosting 'TPiR,' any contestant who spun $1 on the wheel this week would get a $10k bonus instead of the usual $1k. What happened next was absolutely bananas.

Three contestants -- Wilbert, Charlotte and Zacharia -- all nailed the $10k, but that was just the start. The tiebreaker spins led to even more money and yet ANOTHER tie.

Charlotte eventually won the whole thing, but everyone got the dough they spun. In total, 'PiR' doled out $80k ... the most ever given away on the wheel. Happy anniversary, Drew ... you broke the bank.

We just know Plinko dude's somewhere losing his s**t.

Xzibit Shades 'Tackle My Ride' ... I Ain't Watchin' That

9/21/2017 2:58 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

The guy from "Pimp My Ride" says there's no chance in hell he's watching the NFL's car-customizing show, "Tackle My Ride" ... with Xzibit telling producers, "Good luck with that."

Xzibit has had ZERO desire to reflect on his "Pimp My Ride" days ever since the MTV show ended back in the day ... and has hilariously roasted fans who bring it up. 

Just last year, someone tweeted at him, "Can you pimp my ride?" He shot back -- "No bitch, sh*ts been over for a decade. Get a job."

So, when we told him about the NFL Network's twist on the show -- where football fans get their cars tricked out into "the ultimate fan car" ... Mr. X to the Z did not care for it. 

We asked if he'll watch it -- "Nah, I got other sh*t to do."

Suge Knight I Think Tupac Is Still Alive!!! Listen Up, Ice-T & Soledad

9/21/2017 12:50 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Suge Knight is pouring fuel all over a legendary conspiracy theory by speaking out from jail to explain why he believes there's a good chance Tupac Shakur is alive.

The notorious Death Row Records CEO spoke to Ice-T and Soledad O'Brien -- on the phone from the L.A. County jail -- when he dropped the bombshell. Suge told them something about Pac's hospital stay after the 1996 shooting just doesn't add up for him.

TMZ got this exclusive clip from the special, "Who Shot Biggie & Tupac?" ... where Ice and Soledad lead an investigation into the unsolved murders and uncover new accounts of the shootings from people who were there. It airs Sunday, September 24 on Fox.

And we'll get Ice-T's reaction to Suge's theory on Friday's TMZ Live.

'Love & Hip Hop Hollywood' Brawl Erupts at Reunion!!!

9/21/2017 12:40 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

The "Love & Hip Hop Hollywood" reunion show came to a screeching halt after 2 of its stars started throwing down ... and now cops are involved.

Production sources tell TMZ ... Rodney Lazell Shaw (aka Zellswag) and Myles Cunningham (aka Misster Ray) were in the middle of taping Tuesday night in NYC, discussing an ongoing season 4 beef about who jacked whose swag.

We're told producers wanted them to squash it, Rodney agreed and moved in for a hug ... but instead unleashed a beatdown ... repeatedly punching and kicking Myles. Cops were called but by the time they arrived, Rodney had bolted.

Law enforcement sources tell us a misdemeanor assault report was filed and Rodney is wanted for questioning. We're told the beating was recorded, and could be featured when the show airs.

We've reached out to Rodney's people, but no word back. Meanwhile, Misster Ray talked all kinds of smack after the incident.

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell Stop the Hammering Or I'll Do It For You ... Total Meltdown!!!

9/20/2017 2:47 PM PDT

Keep your damn hammers quiet when MSNBC anchor Lawrence O'Donnell is working or he'll have to ... go down to the "goddamned floor" himself and stop it!

O'Donnell hammered that point home when he absolutely melted down while shooting an MSNBC broadcast, reportedly on Aug. 29. The veteran reporter lost it on the floor crew, the control room ... and whoever had the audacity to hammer during his show. He said he was also getting extraneous noise in his earpiece. 

In his defense, the construction noise was blatant, and would reasonably be distracting O'Donnell as he tried to do his job. He added the whole situation was "f**king out of control."

Lawrence apologized about the incident Wednesday evening, tweeting ... "A better anchorman and a better person would've had a better reaction to technical difficulties. I'm sorry."

LO's flip out is good, but for our money -- Bill O'Reilly's still got the crown. 'Cause he did it LIVE!

'Ink Master' Star My Daughter Framed Me for Child Abuse!!!

9/20/2017 1:30 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

"Ink Master" star Chris Blinston believes his daughter researched online how to make it look like she was strangled, right before accusing him of strangling her ... TMZ has learned.

Blinston's attorney tells us ... Chris obtained info that his 13-year-old daughter used her school computer to look up how to make bruises on one's neck prior to telling police he choked her twice so hard he squeezed off her airway.

A judge has now granted Blinston's motion to obtain school records of his daughter's computer activity from before his arrest to see if it's true.

We broke the story ... the "Ink Master" star was arrested on September 1 on charges of child abuse and felony domestic violence. He wholly denies the allegations and hopes this helps resolve the case quickly.

'Black-ish' Star Jenifer Lewis Settles with LA Fitness Over Trainer Ripoff

9/19/2017 2:32 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Jenifer Lewis, the grandma on "Black-ish" just lined her pocket with $13,000 courtesy of LA Fitness after suing over a crooked gym employee.

Lewis claimed in a lawsuit she met an LA Fitness front desk manager at the West L.A. club. She says they got chummy, started dating, and 3 months into the relationship he convinced her to loan him money for a movie he was producing.

She says he fleeced her for $50k. She sued the gym because she claims he was a known con man with a record who had served time, but wasn't vetted before he was hired.

Jenifer, who told her story on TMZ Live, dismissed the lawsuit against LA Fitness in return for the cash. 

'Narcos' Producers War with Pablo's Bro ... This Is OUR Turf!

9/19/2017 12:40 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

"Narcos" producers are warning Pablo Escobar's brother to back the hell off trying to cash in on the popular Netflix show's name and fame ... according to docs.

Lawyers for "Narcos" fired off a cease and desist letter to Roberto Escobar's company telling him he's got no business filing trademark applications for "Narcos" and "Cartel Wars" because both terms are very clearly already attached to the show. "Narcos: Cartel Wars" is a popular video game.

In the letter, obtained by TMZ, the producers say Pablo's older bro is making some outlandish claims in his applications. For instance, they say he claimed to use "NARCOS" in connection with a website in 1986 -- but they're calling BS because the internet barely existed back then.

A rep for Escobar's company tells us their attorney is in discussions with "Narcos" to settle.

Discussions. What could go wrong?

Michael K. Williams Spicer Was Funny ... Give Him a 2nd Chance!!!

9/19/2017 12:20 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Michael K. Williams says if Sean Spicer's ready to turn the page on the Trump chapter of his life -- as his Emmys skit seemed to indicate -- then why shouldn't Hollywood welcome him with open arms?

We got the Emmy nominated 'Night Of' star Monday, and he sounded impressed with Spicer's bit on the award show. While some celebs have groused at the idea of "laughing with" an ex-face of the Trump administration -- Michael's way more forgiving.

He explained why Spicey deserves another shot, and as fans of "The Wire" know ... it's hard to argue with Omar. 

Hell, even Alec Baldwin extended an olive branch Sunday night -- so, maybe Spicer could have a future in Hollywood after all? As MKW put it ... never say never.

'The Walking Dead' Star Emmys Went Easy on Trump

9/18/2017 3:00 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Jeffrey Dean Morgan, the guy known for bashing everything on "The Walking Dead" ... thinks Emmy-night celebs did something very un-Negan -- easing up on President Trump bashing.

We got JDM flying out of LAX Monday and he said the Trump attacks were toned down this year, but not because Hollywood, in general, approves of POTUS. Keep in mind ... there were still plenty of jabs at 45 and his administration-- just ask Sean Spicer. But still less than last year's slugfest on then-candidate Trump

Whatever the reason, Jeffrey's just happy folks are getting away from politics at award shows.

He also got a big laugh out of our on-the-nose name suggestion for the kid he and Hilarie Burton are expecting. 

Dick Gregory's Son Emmys Snub 'Highly Disrespectful' ... We Never Got a Phone Call

9/18/2017 2:29 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Dick Gregory's family didn't hear a peep from anyone involved with the Emmys regarding honoring the iconic comedian, and they absolutely consider it a slap in the face.

One of Dick's sons, Christian Gregory, tells TMZ the omission Sunday night from the In Memoriam segment was especially disrespectful due to his father's legacy. Christian points out most actors and producers of color wouldn't even be working in TV without Dick's civil rights activism and success in entertainment.

As we reported, Gregory, Charlie Murphy, Harry Dean Stanton and Frank Vincent were all left out of the tribute. Murphy's camp had been contacted for photos, but he was still absent from the broadcast segment.

The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences hasn't offered an explanation, but they've added all of them -- except Vincent -- to the Academy's website memoriam.

Charlie Murphy's Rep I Gave Emmys Photos for Tribute Gaffe is Inexcusable!!!

9/18/2017 9:52 AM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Charlie Murphy's rep says he sent the Emmys photos for the show's In Memoriam segment so there is NO excuse for having excluded him.

Domenick Nati tells TMZ, an Emmys producer reached out to him on August 18 asking for photos to include as part of the show's In Memoriam. Domenick obliged and said the producer emailed him 6 days later, saying they could do a nice tribute with what he'd sent.

So when the tribute finally aired Sunday on national television, Domenick was outraged it came and went without Charlie being mentioned. Dick Gregory, Frank Vincent and Harry Dean Stanton were also left out.

Domenick says a producer for the Creative Arts Emmys -- which aired Saturday night on FXX -- also reached out, and that program DID feature Charlie. He says cutting out Charlie, who died in April, from the main broadcast ... on network TV, where his fans were watching, was a big sin.

We've reached out to the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, so far no word back.

Around the Web