TMZ

TMZ SPORTS

  • FS1
    M-T-Th-F:
    9:00 PM PST

    W:
    9:30 PM PST

Lamar Odom Called for $25,000 Traveling Violation ... In New Lawsuit

1/17/2019 2:44 PM PST
Breaking News

Lamar Odom made over $114 MILLION during his NBA career -- but a travel agent says the guy refuses to fork over a measly $25,000 for plane tickets ... and now he's suing. 

Omar Rahmani claims he booked all sorts of trips for Odom between March '18 and June '18 -- from Florida to Vegas to New York ... even a flight to Hong Kong. 

But, after racking up a $25,629.47 bill ... the NBA star refused to cut the check to Rahmani, his lawsuit claims. 

Now the guy has filed a lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court accusing Odom of breach of contract and fraud ... and he wants all of the cash plus punitive damages. 

As for Odom, he doesn't seem too bothered by the lawsuit -- he's been training his ass off in New York to get ready for the Dubai International Basketball Championship which goes down in Feb. 

The 39-year-old has been gunning for a pro basketball comeback ever since he recovered from his drug overdose in Nevada back in 2015 when he suffered 12 strokes and 6 heart attacks

Odom has said he's got his sights set on playing in Ice Cube's BIG 3 league -- stay tuned. 

MMA Fighter Sergio Da Silva Guilty Of Bank Robbery ... Faces 7 Years in Prison

1/17/2019 2:23 PM PST
Breaking News

MMA fighter Sergio Da Silva has been found GUILTY of robbing a bank in New York back in August 2017 ... and now he's facing up to 7 years behind bars.

The 32-year-old was convicted of 3rd-degree robbery after jurors viewed surveillance footage of the incident ... where Da Silva is seen jumping on the counter and demanding cash.

As we previously reported ... bank workers claimed Da Silva threatened to shoot them as he demanded cash at the Astoria Citibank.

Da Silva was facing 2 felony robbery charges. Since the security footage couldn't prove he had a gun, he was found not guilty of 1st-degree robbery ... which carries a maximum 25-year prison sentence. 

Da Silva's attorney, David Fish, tells TMZ Sports his client is planning to appeal.

Fish also said, "Thanks to the insight of the jury, he walked out of court a free man Thursday and was not convicted of any violent offense."

Da Silva's sentencing is set for February 28.

Salt Bae Hey, Neymar ... Taste My Meat!!!

1/17/2019 7:21 AM PST
Breaking News

Neymar got a steak dinner Wednesday night he'll never forget ... 'cause Salt Bae fed gobs of meat to him -- straight off his knife!!!

It all went down in Qatar ... where Neymar and fellow Paris Saint-Germain superstars Mbappe, Buffon and others got a world-class meal from the Turkish chef/Internet sensation.

Neymar and the guys -- who were in Qatar training and sharing memories with fans for their Qatar Tour 2019 -- ate like kings ... and even got to participate in the cooking process!!!

Salt Bae chopped the meat in his signature fashion ... and then let the football stars dust it off with the classic salt-pour-over-bent-arm move.

The best part of it all?? Salt Bae wouldn't let Neymar use his own fork ... instead -- he fed him the meat straight off his knife!!!

Neymar seemed to love it ... 'cause dude went back for Salt Bae's hand-fed meat multiple times!!!

The fun and games ended Thursday ... PSG headed back to France to get set for their game Saturday.

Seems there's only one celebration appropriate if any of 'em scores a goal then ...

Gladys Knight 'Proud' to Perform Nat'l Anthem ... at Super Bowl

1/17/2019 6:51 AM PST
Breaking News

Gladys Knight says she's IN for the Super Bowl -- she's decided to perform the National Anthem before the big game ... and it's all for reasons bigger than football. 

"I am proud to use my voice to unite and represent our country in my hometown of Atlanta," the 74-year-old said. 

"The NFL recently announced their new social justice platform Inspire Change, and I am honored to be a part of its inaugural year." 

Knight's statement sounds similar to Travis Scott -- who agreed to perform during the Super Bowl halftime show after the league agreed to donate $500k to Van Jones' social justice organization. 

There has been backlash from some high-profile people -- including Common -- who says the NFL doesn't care about black people and he wishes artists would boycott the league. 

Common and others (including Jay-Z) have said they're extremely upset with the way the league has treated Colin Kaepernick and they want no part of the Super Bowl. 

Meanwhile, other stars like Nelly have said it's pointless to boycott NFL pre-game and halftime entertainment if you're just gonna watch the game anyway. 

As for Knight, she's following P!nk -- who sang the anthem in 2018. Luke Bryan had the honors in 2017. And, Lady Gaga in 2016. 

Khabib Nurmagomedov Conor Doesn't Deserve Rematch 'He Don't Do Nothing!'

1/16/2019 4:42 PM PST
Breaking News

Khabib Nurmagomedov has a message for Conor McGregor -- Want a rematch? Get in line. 

The UFC superstar touched down in Australia with his crew on Wednesday where he was swarmed by local media and fans. 

Khabib was super cool with everyone -- taking selfies and talking with people -- but the headline here is the trash-talk directed at McGregor. 

One of the reporters asked if Conor should get the rematch -- to which Khabib smirked and said, "Rematch for what?!"

The reporter brought up all the talking Conor did before their fight at UFC 229 back in October -- Khabib again shot back with an insult.

"Before last fight he talked too. But, when we go inside the cage, he don't do nothing."

Of course, Khabib mauled Conor before McGregor tapped out in the 4th round

Despite Khabib's position, UFC boss Dana White told TMZ Sports he IS working on the rematch and it should go down in 2019 ... if everything goes according to plan.

The two had been trading barbs on social media recently -- with Khabib posting a video clip showing him strangling McGregor with the caption, "You will live with this shame all your life #tapmachine."

Baker Mayfield Mocks Drunken Arrest ... During Fortnite Stream

1/16/2019 4:00 PM PST
Breaking News

Baker Mayfield's clearly moving on from a drunken arrest he called "the biggest mistake of my life" ... 'cause he joked about the whole incident on a Fortnite stream earlier this week.

The Browns superstar took to Twitch to show off his gaming skills ... and while he was running with his avatar, he said, "Hopefully I’m running faster than I was in Arkansas right now!"

Of course, Baker was arrested back in Arkansas in February 2017 ... where he was infamously blasted by a cop who caught him immediately after he tried to run from being questioned.

Baker apologized shortly after the incident, saying, "I made the biggest mistake of my life by putting myself in this situation."

"The shame, guilt, and embarrassment I have felt over the past few days and continue to feel is something I would never wish upon anybody."

Clearly, Bake's ready to joke about the whole thing now ... broadcasting his Twitch stream to thousands of followers.

Wonder if Lincoln Riley is laughing??

Ex-NFLer Tony Beckham Breaks Man's Face For Allegedly Masturbating Near Daughter's Window

1/16/2019 12:15 PM PST
Breaking News

Former NFL DB Tony Beckham -- a Titans 4th-round pick in 2002 -- beat the hell out of a man after he allegedly caught the guy masturbating outside his 15-year-old daughter's window.

Cops in Palm Beach County, Florida say Tony saw a man with his hands down his pants in the bushes next to his daughter's window Monday morning ... and went after him when he saw the guy making masturbating motions.

Police say Tony chased the guy down about 50 feet from his house ... and proceeded to smash the guy up bad -- breaking his face in a couple different places.

Cops arrested the man -- a 48-year-old named Geoffrey Cassidy (who claimed he was a transient) -- and booked him for Lewd or Lascivious Exhibition in the Presence of a Child.

If convicted on that count, Cassidy faces up to 15 years in prison.

Cassidy is still being held in Palm Beach County Jail on $1,500 bond.

Beckham played 5 seasons in the NFL from 2002 to 2007 ... logging 6 total starts and 1 career interception.

Sly Stallone I Regret Killing Off Apollo Creed ... In 'Rocky IV'

1/16/2019 9:00 AM PST
Breaking News

Sylvester Stallone has murderer's regret -- admitting he feels TERRIBLE for killing off Apollo Creed in "Rocky IV" way back in 1985. 

Of course, Stallone didn't just play Rocky Balboa -- he wrote the first 6 installments of the "Rocky" franchise -- including the scene in "Rocky IV" when Ivan Drago beat Creed to death in an exhibition match. 

Now, while celebrating Carl Weathers' 71st birthday this week -- Sly expressed remorse for ending Apollo's life when there was so much more 'Rocky' money to be made!

"I have to admit I regret having Apollo passing away so soon," Stallone wrote ... "He was Irreplaceable."

He added, "Besides being a great actor he is the BEST cinema boxer of ALL TIME ! Truly amazing , GRACE , POWER , and UNBELIEVABLY FAST!!!!! Never ever to be duplicated! Thank you my friend, never could have done it without you!!!"

There were rumblings that Weathers was upset he wasn't included in the "Creed" movies -- and back in 2015, he gave TMZ the ol' "no comment" when we brought up the alleged issues. 

But now, it seems the two are on good terms -- Weathers ended up attending the "Creed" premiere and has praised the movie publicly. 

By the way, Stallone reportedly wanted to work in an Apollo cameo in "Creed 2" -- where Adonis Creed would see visions of his father while being hospitalized after a fight ... but he was ultimately overruled by the director. 

Soooo ... maybe in "Creed 3"?

Andy Murray Topless Suntan with Mom ... Retirement is Great!!

1/16/2019 7:43 AM PST
Breaking News

Andy Murray's freein' the nip in retirement ... ditching his shirt to catch some rays with his mom in Australia!!

The British tennis superstar announced his plans to retire due to injuries earlier this month ... and might've just played his last match after losing in the first round of the Australian Open.

Murray started his first full day off with a topless suntan in Melbourne with his mom ... strollin' the Yarra River and enjoying the R&R.

BTW -- Murray has 3 grand slam titles and was once the top player in the world.

The 31-year-old has hinted at a possible return down the road ... so maybe we haven't seen the end of Murray. But, if it is the end, the dude looks like he'll be just fine.

Catch those rays, Andy ... you deserve it!!

Michael Strahan To Clemson Football ... I'll Pay for Real Lobster Dinner!

1/16/2019 6:43 AM PST
Breaking News

Michael Strahan wasn't impressed with President Trump's fast food spread for the Clemson football team -- so he's offered to reach into his own pockets to pay for a LOBSTER DINNER for the champs. 

"I personally ... I would like to invite the Clemson football team here for a great meal," the ex-NFL superstar said on "Good Morning America."

"Whoever can make it, we'll hook you up with lobster ... whatever you want we'll take care of you."

"We gonna give you the proper meal that you deserve because that was one great game, a great accomplishment."

When asked who was gonna pay for it, Strahan replied -- "It's out of my pocket guys. I'll pay for it. No problem."

Strahan can certainly afford it ... besides making more than $75 mil during his NFL career, he signed a massive deal with ABC back in 2016 worth well into the 8-figures. 

As for Trump, seems his fast food party was a hit -- with Clemson's star QB Trevor Lawrence telling TMZ Sports the spread was "awesome" and that he had a great time. 

Trump says he personally sprung for the meal -- which included grub from McDonald's, Burger King, Domino's and Wendy's. 

The food was served on silver platters in between gold candelabras. 

Terrell Owens 1st Ballot HoF Snub 'Ridiculous' & a 'Travesty'

1/15/2019 11:00 AM PST
Breaking News

Terrell Owens is TEEING OFF on Hall of Fame voters for keeping him out of Canton for 2 years ... calling it "ridiculous" and a "travesty" he didn't get his gold jacket in his 1st year of eligibility. 

T.O. was finally voted into the HoF in 2018 -- but the dude is clearly pissed it didn't happen sooner ... sounding off on Kevin Hart's "Cold as Balls" series on Laugh Out Loud about why he got snubbed.

"That c-word ... character, which a lot of the voters kinda added to the mix of the criteria of inducting guys," Owens said.

"It should be about your body of work and your accomplishments," Owens said ... adding he got different treatment than other players because he was outspoken throughout his career.

Of course ... T.O. famously snubbed the Hall of Fame right back ... turning down his invite to the enshrinement ceremony in Canton for a more personal setting at U. of Tennessee at Chattanooga.

There's a bunch of fun stuff in the whole clip -- T.O. also resumes his trash talkin' duties by calling out ex-NFLer George Teague for their infamous incident in 2000 ... and dishes on his middle name!!

NY Giants QB Kyle Lauletta Pleads Guilty In Dangerous Driving Case

1/15/2019 10:36 AM PST
Breaking News

NY Giants backup QB Kyle Lauletta just pled guilty to obstruction of justice stemming from his wild October arrest where he allegedly almost ran over a cop. 

Remember, officials in Weehawken, New Jersey say the 23-year-old was driving his 2017 Jaguar in a "dangerous manner" on the way to Giants practice when cops attempted to pull him over. 

When an officer tried to stop him, the QB continued to drive like a maniac and almost hit the cop. 

He was initially booked on several charges -- including 3rd degree eluding police, obstruction of justice, reckless driving and other lesser crimes. 

But now, officials say Lauletta cut a deal with prosecutors in which he pled guilty to a disorderly persons offense of obstructing the administration of law at a motor vehicle stop ... and in exchange, the more serious charges will be dropped as part of a conditional dismissal. 

In other words, if Lauletta stays out of trouble for 12 months, all of his legal problems go away. 

If he screws up, the judge can reinstate all of the initial charges -- in which case he could face up to 6 months in jail.  

In addition, Lauletta pled guilty to a few minor traffic violations. 

As for the Giants, the team previously hit Lauletta with a fine.

Moral of the Story ... don't be late to practice. 

Mike 'The Situation' Officially Starts Prison Sentence I'll Be Back and Better Than Ever

1/15/2019 9:13 AM PST
Breaking News

9:12 AM PT -- The Sitch is on his way to lockup, and just posted a video to all his fans. He promises to be a better version of himself once he gets out and also makes a few plugs for his social media account. Sorrentino will likely be booked within the hour. 

Time's up for Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino ... the "Jersey Shore" star is surrendering to begin his 8-month prison sentence.

Sorrentino's attorney, Kristen Santillo, tells TMZ ...he will turn himself in Tuesday to start serving his time at the Federal Correctional Institution in Otisville, New York. We suspect he'll have lots of contact -- written, anyway -- with the outside.

Before reporting to prison, Sorrentino urged friends, family and fans to write him while behind bars ... posting the prison mailing address for his 1.3 million Twitter followers.

As we've reported ... Mike was sentenced to 8 months back in October for tax evasion. Mike's brother, Marc, got 2 years behind bars. The sentencing being pushed to October really helped The Situation. 

He was originally supposed to be sentenced in April, but with the extra months of freedom, Mike married Lauren Pesce at a fancy shindig in November. He also got to spend the holidays with friends and fam ... including Thanksgiving.

This Valentine's Day is gonna suck -- no GTL or TLC, we're assuming.

On the upside ... he could run into President Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen, who will also do his time at Otisville, and he'll be out for Halloween.

Originally Published -- 4:46 AM PST

Around the Web