Hollywood's New Fruit Addiction

9/24/2006 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Strawberry CocaineThere has been some recent buzz in Hollywood about a so-called "strawberry cocaine." TMZ did some crack investigating and got the low down on the blow.

Flavored cocaine is nothing new, we're told. Law enforcement sources tell us that since the 80s people have been buying coke in all sorts of flavors, including rum and cherry, and now it appears strawberry is back and all the rage.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ that strawberry flavoring is added to the drug to give it its fruity flavor. Years ago just adding food coloring was a big thing-- brown and red cocaine were the talk of the town. Theoretically, you could make or add any flavor you'd like to the drug.

Hollywood insiders tell TMZ that this drug has exploded in the club scene, and not only has cocaine made a huge comeback, the strawberry version is definitely rearing its ugly head again. Like leggings and skinny jeans, this dangerous pastime is back full force.

Amber

So I'm thinking this is what Perez Hilton was talking about when he said " The star, who we hear is really into the strawberry-flavored NesQuik these days".

Or he literally meant that she likes Strawberry NesQuik...

Amber

Oops, the person he was referencing above was Lindsay Lohan.

jride

so TMZ...are you promoting this "fruity" addiction?? I'm sure you'll be showing us the pics of this Hollywood fad, once Lindsay, or Paris gets caught in the act. what a bunch of crap!!!

No Need For A Name

Nothing says “grand time” like a big ole' Strawberry flavored heart attack.

miz

"strawberry flavoring is added to the drug to give it its fruity flavor"

No sh*t. Really? One would never guess that's how you put strawberry flavor into tomething: using strawberry flavoring!

Crackerjack journalism at it's finest. Wank.

Ellen

Cocaine was white, beige, or gray dependingon what it was "cut" with in the 70's and 80's. I worked in many famous DISCO"S in NYC in the 70's and 80's and never did the drug but SAW plenty of it. Never! Never! was it cut with food coloring, or flavoring. I would love to know where TMZ gets their infor from!

We know who is unethical

I'd start snorting if it was cut with Ovaltine. At least I'd be getting vitamins and minerals with my high.

busybee

ummm are you sure it's "real" cocaine and not the strawberry DRINK called "cocaine" that's all the rage here in SoCal?

busybee

Linda Lou

Ditto...I did a ton of blow in the 80s and 90s and none of it was flavored. The most exotic thing we got was pink-colored "Peruvian flake." Pink color but no weird flavor. That stuff would really make your ears ring...Sooo glad I quit, though. Those sleepless morning hours listening to the birds chirp were beyond awful.

Linda Lou

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paris would like the margarita flavor cocaine,nicole want to know if she could get cheeseburger flavored cocaine,I dont know if they come out them flavors yet,but if they do she wants some. come on # 6 you tried white ,beige and grey, which is better?Dont tell us u saw it but never tried,Bill Clinton said that and we never believed him,Remember he never had a sexual relation with that girl,50 million dollar later we found out ,HE TOLD A LIE,but if i was married to his wife i would lie also

the wise old owl

Cocaine flavored with strawberry. Just great now little Hollywood will be attracted to it too. I can just see the headlines now. " Dakota Fanning rushed to hopital with an overdose of pink Cocaine " Who thought this one up I wonder. No matter what color or flavor it is, it is addicting as all get out. I too remember watching the sun come up in the 80's while sniffing that stuff. Thank God I don't do it anymore. .THe freinds of mine who continued with the drug are all wiinked up and old looking from all the other vises that go along with it ( lack of sleep, alcohol. over exertion, etc etc, etc. ) Just what they need something to make this drug even more appealing.

the wise old owl

So cocaine is back in full swing. Since when did it ever leave? I still know people who do this drug and have been for the past 30 years. They don't look very good and some of them have had strokes, but they still are doing it.

I bet NIcole Richie likes it. It kills your appitite and allows you to function on ZERO calories a day. Now somebodies introduced a flavored version, huh. Since you snort the drug I don't know how this will make it anymore appealing other than the color. No one I knew that did it, was doing it for the taste. Only the effects of it. What's next. Chocolate flavored CRACK AND METH. There is no glorifiying these drugs. They are really bad.

Erin

I would re-word this article TMZ.....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments