Christian Bale

Visiting 'Batman' Shooting

Victims in Colorado

7/24/2012 1:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Christian Bale is currently in Denver, CO visiting the victims and families of last week's movie theater shooting.

update_bar
2:30 PM PT -- One of the shooting victims, Carey Rottman, was so excited to meet Bale ... he posted a photo of the hospital visit to his Facebook page moments ago (above).

Rottman is recovering from a gunshot wound to the leg he suffered in the attack.

0314_divider_graphic

"Dark Knight Rises" star Christian Bale is currently in Denver, CO ... visiting the victims and families of last week's movie theater shooting.

According to KDVR, Bale has been spotted at Aurora Medical Center ... where he reportedly arrived by ambulance around 2PM ... most likely to enter the building under the radar.

A rep for Warner Bros. released a statement saying, "Mr. Bale is there as himself, not representing Warner Brothers."

It's unclear when Bale arrived in Denver.

Bale's film was playing in the Century 16 theater in Aurora, CO when James Holmes opened fire on the crowd ... killing 12 people and injuring 58 others.

Bale has not made a public appearance since the incident.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

jimbo

Did you guys have to use a picture from when Bale lost a ton of weight to play a crack addict? He looks terrible in that picture.

Buckaroobonzai

good man. i'm sure it means a lot to the victims

SYLVI212

I was wondering in the back of my mind if he may actually make an appearance. I figured it would be unannouned and not made public. Glad he decided to do that.

moso

Now that is cool.. I think I like him more now for doing that on his own and without a bunch of PR people.

KnuckleDragger

I'm sure this comes from the heart. I hope it doesn't get looked at as anything but.

Jay W.

It's a noble gesture. Good for him.

Bridget

That is sweet of him. Between meeting the victims and the thunderstorm brewing outside he isn't going to have the most pleasant memories of this area of the state probibly. That is very nice of him though. I kinda started to drift as a fan after that tape of him screaming came out, but he is pulling me back in.

momday

Good for him! What is wrong with Warner Bros? Stating he isn't coming as their rep. Maybe they should send a rep.

Phoenix1

Nice to see that not all celebrities are self absorbed jerk offs!! Way cool of him!

Sassy

Very nice of him. I'm sure he was bowled over when he heard what happened in Colorado during his film. I like how he tried to do this unannounced. But it's hard to do that without someone tweeting you're there or possibly telling a friend Christian Bale just walked by you in the hospital hallway without that friend then letting someone else know. Then it spreads like wildfire.

Jayden

Happy to hear he is visiting the victims.

Lorri

why would he go to Aurora Medical Center when all the victims are at University hospital?!?!?!

MAJOR props for the visit though Christian Bale!!!!!!

go home!

This makes me smile...

rich-arrrd

That's awesome =D i'm sure it put a big smile on the victims smiles <3

ThePhoenix

He is a great guy. It wasn't a photo op, that pic is not by a pro. Nice touch that he showed up, the guy has heart.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments