'Charmed' a Casualty of the WB's Exit

3/3/2006 2:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Witches will not follow WB to CW

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

The spell is broken. The witches on "Charmed" won't be making the move when the WB network combines forces with UPN to become the CW network in the fall.

A WB spokesman confirmed a TV Guide report on Friday that said the supernatural series, which stars Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan and Holly Marie Combs, will end after eight seasons in May.

With "7th Heaven" having already announced its exit, it means that two WB long-running series won't move to the CW. The WB and UPN will both shut down in September.

The final episode of "Charmed" will air on May 21, TV Guide said.

"It's been a hell of a run," Brad Kern, executive producer, told the magazine. "But all good things must come to an end."

D.Paulette Miller

I watched all 8 seasons of Charmed and Sunday nights are just not the same. It was very interesting watching the women grow and develop. I never missed a show and own all available seasons on DVD.
I have discovered that what is now being offered on TV is mostly pure garbage and I don't watch much anymore. I do not watch game shows, "reality" shows nor sports...what that leaves me is really slim pickings.
As for the "new" network, I have not seen anything worth watching on it. Too bad as Charmed was an anchor show and would have brought people in to sample the new shows, as it stands now, I don't see any reason this new channel is going to do well.

D.Paulette Miller

Cutekitte

Charmed will last forever in our minds and on TNT. I do wish they would make a movie of this terrific series though. Is an animation of Charmed in the works? Can anyone fill me in on this. Oh, well, maybe they'll make another series set in the future of the future Charmed ones. Anyway, the show will always be remembered. And just think the t.v. receptions that go out in space will be intercepted by beings on another planet in another star system might be enjoying this just as we did in 2000. Forever Charmed

i2cutec

i really miss charmed i hate how they had to end it i wanted to see chris and wyed doing the stuff and growing up. I luved how they ended it i cried. Charmed wuz the best supernatural show played and now all they show is drama and reality shows they need 2 show stuff that people enjoy and not some adults would prefer. Alyssa Milano,Holly Marie Combs, Rose Mcgowan, and prue i forgot what her real name wuz. Heyy people said prue quit and some people say she got fired b/c alyssa and prue were always fighting behing the set and they didnt get along. so she quit b/c it was either going to be prue or alyssa and i think they choose alyssa. Anway i really miss it and it will be forever charmed. i bought the seasons already man it will bring back alot of memories and i still watch it on TNT. Angel 2

kd7197

I just want to say that I own all 8 seasons and I have seen all 8. I was very angry when you killed off Prue. Then I got angry when you broke Phoebe & Cole up. I really didn't lke it when you changed the structure of the storyline. Although I watched all the seasons and I did enjoy them all, the first 3 seasons were and will always be the best seasons ever made. I was also very angry when you decided to cancel the show. That show was the best show on TV. I don't even watch the CW channel anymore. There's nothing on there worth watching anymore. I hate reality TV shows and the game shows are boring and all the same. All I do now, is watch my Charmed shows on DVD's. Shows about witches and demons and magic is always entertaining and interesting. You should have never ended it. I love Charmed and I will always love Charmed. Oh and by the way, I also didn't like it when you changed the opening theme song. Charmed was always known for the song "How soon is now" It's even on their soundtrack. It should never have been changed as the opening theme of Charmed. Charmed Forever!!!!!!

Ashley

I absolutely love Charmed!! I would greatly be pleased if it came back on the air, I hate all the reality shows and such bring back something good.

vane

Too bad that Charmed is over!

Shaen

I loved to watch Charmed on whatever day it was on and then later when TNT picked it up I loved to watch the older episodes all over again so I bought the DVDs. I own the first 7 seasons and I'll get season 8 when it comes out too. The ending was somewhat satisfying, certainly better than some series endings like Stargate SG1, 7th Heaven or Gilmore Girls that leave way too many loose ends.

Leon

I was 8 (15 now) when I first watched Charmed along with many supernatural television series. It bought sooo many memories. It's sad it's over.

stephen lamar

For those of you who would like a 9th season of charmed do me a favor bother the hell out of CW network to find new actors I mean I understand if the old ones don't want to come back but why the hell can't they find new ones to take their place its charmed and I believe the fan's have the right to ask for 1 more season and if enough voices shout out they will hear us.

Marama

I've just finished watching Charmed and Dangerous from Season 4, on DVD: So, obviously i'm a fan: it was a great show, and i doubt that there will be another quite like it. That i would watch, that is. My fave Sunday relax hour is the couch + bowl of chopped fruit+ Charmed episode or two (or three) on DVD.