Richards On The Hunt For "Those Guys"

11/25/2006 12:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Unlike the "Seinfeld" character he played, it looks like Michael Richards won't be able to get out of the racist rant pickle -- a pickle captured on video and obtained exclusively by TMZ -- as easily as he hoped.

The two black men he allegedly verbally attacked say a national apology on "The Late Show With David Letterman" wasn't enough. They want a personal apology and possibly money, according to the New York Post. The actor's publicist says Richards wants to apologize to both men, but hasn't been able to find them. But when he does, he will talk to them face-to-face and "then see what happens."

Michael Jackson Plays House With Michael Flatley

Michael Jackson just doesn't get it. After a disappointing response to his "come back" performance at the World Music Awards, Jacko says he'll be throwing himself a Christmas bash in Tokyo to celebrate the 25th anniversary of "Thriller." Does this guy even have any fans these days? According to FOX News, there's at least one: Michael Flatley. Apparently, Jackson has been staying at the "Lord of the Dance" star's Irish Castle since June.

K-Fed: F**K The Haters

Even after being dumped by Brit, it seems Kevin Federline is still a legend in his own mind. During a performance at Hollywood's House of Blues, K-Fed crowned himself "America's most hated man." Scrapping for any last bit of attention he can get before he falls off the face of the planet, IMDB.com reports that FedEx shouted: "F**k the haters, f**k the media, f**k the paparazzi." It might not be the best idea to bite the only hand that feeds you these days, dude.

Party Favors: Carson Daly Is A New Man ... Borat Is Most Huge At Box Office ... Mariah Carey's Fur Coat Is Missing

Carson Daly says he's trying to re-enter the human race after partying like a rock star for so many years. "As I got a little bit older and moved on to NBC I thought, 'I've gotta grow up here'," admits the 33-year-old talk show host ... Surprise hit "Borat" will cross the $100 million mark this weekend ... A fur coat Mariah Carey donated to animal rights organization PETA was "lost" on its way to benefit nomads in Mongolia.

Add to:
My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

Lea

It's so sad these days how people plot and use for their own selfish reasons. I was truly outraged seeing how Michael ranted and raved. HOWEVER, since reading how the "so-called victims" want a personal apology and money, it has entirely defeated their "outcry". Now the anger has shifted the other way. These guys need nothing more than pacifiers and dumped back into their cribs.... cry babies.. that's all they are. How sad.. to think I actually felt sorry for you.

Ashley

OKAY NOW... RICHARDS BETTER BE CAREFUL.. I RESPECT THAT HE WANTS TO APOLOGIZE TO THEIR FACES. ALTHOUGH HE DOESNT REALLY MEAN IT, ITS STILL COOL. HES RACIST. WHEN YOU GET DRUNK THE TRUTH COMES OUT. BELIEVE ME I KNOW. ANYWAYS, ITS LIKE JAMIE FOXX SAID, IF IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HIM OR SOME FOR REAL IGNORANT N***AS, HE WOULD HAVE HAD HIS A** WHOOPED ON THE SPOT! I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH THOSE TWO BUT IF IT WAS ME AND MY FAMILY BOY! THAT FOOL WOULDNT BE WALKING. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE. HE BETTER HAVE SOME BODY GUARDS THERE OR SOMETHING.

CHARGERS TILL THE END

DRUNKEN WORDS ARE SOBER THOUGHTS !!! KEEP THAT IN MIND MICHAEL RICHARDS!!!

Lisa Kalb

I can't believe they now want MONEY! How could I have felt sorry for these dummies? They've now thrown racist Richards a lifeline. How disappointing that they are demanding cash. What a letdown. I feel less outraged at the "comedian" now.

Lisa

Michael Richards was not drunk, he was pissed off.

Jason

Michael Richards should not cave into their demands for money. This is a free world and you can say whatever you like (even if it's not right). I'm gay and I don't go around suing everyone who calls me a faggot, etc. He should stand firm and not pay a cent. If anything he should make a promise to these 2 guys that he will make a big donation to the NAACP. Every celebrity out there better be careful these days with camera phones, video cameras, etc. You have no idea who you can trust!!

Lisa

I'm a black woman and I completely agree with you #6. Those men should not profit, everyone every day has things said or done to them that they find offense in someway. Freedom of Speech means exactly that. We don't have to like what a person says, but they sure as Hell has the right to say it.

luella peniston

I believe that Michael Richards should be banned from performing live stand-up comedy. He is not that funny without the cast of a sitcom. He should be grateful that he had an opportunity on Seinfield and take the money from residuals and run!

Waaah!

#8, if no one buys tickets to his future gigs, then he won't be performing stand-up anymore. A "ban" isn't necessary if the people who matter vote with their wallets. He didn't do anything illegal, he just said some really stupid stuff that should have never been said. He's dug his own career grave.

Melody

I can't imagine demanding money for being called names. That is crazy! These 2 guys just showed their true colors. As far as the other Michael (Jackson) I am still a fan. I like to listen to the old stuff. Billie Jean will always rule in the top 10 best songs ever!

yacub

It's sad which ever way you see it. The saddest thing is that I just finished a feature film comedy screeplay about a telemarketing room. I wrote a big turn of event scene where a racist white man stormed into a teleroom to shot a black person who's been calling his house everyday. I had Michael Richards in mind to play that character. How sad for him and for me. Now, I can't have him play the role since he'd already played it in real life. How sad those brothas ran to the queen of mean and bogus lawsuit, Gloria Allred, demanding money. JSUT STOP! BROTHAS! That broke for christmas shopping?

Esther

I will probably never watch Sienfeld again. I always liked Kramer and felt like he made the show for me. But, I personally cannot help to make money for you knowing how you really feel about me as a people. Some of my family died for no other reason than just trying to live and give me and my children a future. What he said is really how he feels deep down on the inside. I feel sorry for you Mr. Richards, you desparately need help.

Rachel

Hey Ashley, is physical violence your answer to everything in life? It's obvious from your postings you don't exactly have alot of education but come on. You know you are just perpetuating the stereotypes many have about blacks and looking foolish in the process. And can someone please show posters 1,2, and 3 (who is probably the same person) where to find caps lock on the keyboard??

Kissmirass

Even lower than Michael Richards are these two BLACK persons for wanting money. What messages are black folks sending ......that it is ok to shit on them as long as they can be brought off. ......Take the black man out of slavery, but you cannot take the mental slavery out of black man.

Wicked