Birkhead to Stern: Put Up or Shut Up

3/13/2007 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A smiling Larry Birkhead emerged from Los Angeles County Superior Court just moments ago, where he asked a judge to make Howard K. Stern come to California and submit to DNA testing to determine exactly who Dannielynn Stern's father really is.

Birkhead's lawyer, Debra Opri, said she was confident that Stern would be made to come to California, and she also said that Stern "can't hide behind a fake birth certificate" and that his "feet will be held to the fire."

Ron Rale, Stern's attorney, spoke just after Opri, and finally acknowledged what TMZ has already reported-- that Stern, Birkhead, and South Carolina businessman Ford Shelley met privately several weeks ago in his hotel room (without him) to discuss settling their paternity and financial disputes-- but no deal has resulted. Rale also said that no agreement has been made to exchange paternity for part of Dannielynn's future inheritance, saying that Birkhead isn't even named in the will.

Birkhead, for his part, said, "I'm just doing what I have to do for my daughter," and that for him, holding Dannielynn for the first time in the Bahamas "was like being in the delivery room."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

B

Wouldnt that be awful for Larry if it turns out that he isnt the father...eek!

NYDonna

It will be wonderful to finally see Larry with his child.

Wouldn't it be a hoot neither HKS or LB were the father? I personally think that it's LB!

Family Friend

Larry Birkhead is SO hot!

duvy

look at how happy Debra Opri is! What smiles they have when they are winning!

K in CO

Keep twistin' the screws Larry. That dickhead Stern is bound to cave under all the pressure and scrutiny!

Linda418

I hope Larry gets his baby soon and Howard K. Stern gets what's coming to him. He knows all too well that baby is not his, no matter what the birth certificate says. He's in this strictly for money. Always has been.

Stinkerbell

He has the right to know either way. . .

Michele

I hope the court will make Howard go to CA and get the test done. This needs to be settled once and for all

IhateJon

Why do they keep doing this in California. I thought it was already established that California courts can't force Stern to come back to the U.S.?

Amy

I really think that Larry Birkhead is the father of that baby? He seems to certain. What do you all think?

WTF

I still say Rosie is the Daddy

Michele

Yes it would be awful, but the longer the delay the harder it will be for Dannielynn to adjust

jocker

Larry nor Howard is the father, we will never know who is...........

monique

Larry won't be grinning when he finds out he is not the father, either. What a loser. He badmouthed Anna up until the day she died and sent her nasty e-mails. After she died, she's suddenly the love of her life. The poor woman was surrounded by a bunch of snakes.

newsflash

I suppose there are reasons why a mother would want to hide her child's true paternity, but it still goes against my inclinations.

In this case, I do feel it is in the child's best interests to have the DNA test conducted. The chances are slim that in the future she won't find out about this question mark over her true identity, sorting it out now will save potential future heartache (remember Paula Yates?)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments