Star Gives Babwa Silent Treatment

3/16/2007 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Star Jones Star Jones says she's over "The View" – and that she hasn't uttered a word to her old boss Barbara Walters since she got booted from the morning gabfest last summer.

Jones tells TV Guide that she hasn't spoken to anyone at "The View" since her bitch-errific departure, though she does have email correspondence with Elisabeth Hasselbeck because, Star says, they "had a very personal relationship." Still, Star won't spill the beans on what Thin Lizzie talks to her about (job openings?) because she's "extremely discreet."

Still, Jones says that she still keeps up with the show itself, because it's "very difficult not to keep up with it if you read newspapers or magazines or do any work on the Internet." Jones claims that she's Flabulous Gallery: click to launch galleryhappy for Rosie & Co., even though ratings skyrocketed on the show pretty much exactly when Star bolted. Meanwhile, TMZ caught up with Star giving someone else an icy-cold reception yesterday in Manhattan.

Angelina's Hot Passport

Angelina Jolie passport photoAngelina Jolie may have gotten a faceful of tears from her newly adopted son Pax, but Angie's own passport picture will brighten just about anybody's day. The picture was part of Jolie's adoption application, and smokin' hot is putting it lightly.

Meanwhile, Jolie went yesterday to pick up the newly-named three-year-old Pax Thien, but he started crying during their first encounter, perhaps because, as Nguyen Van Trung tells People, he didn't even know he was being adopted! "We just told him that we are taking himAngelina Gallery: Click to launch photos out," says Trung. "You are going to play outside – play with a mother and father." After the initial jitters, however, all went well. Pax – described as "very cheerful and happy" played nice with new big bro Maddox.

Heather Mills Cries Wolf on UK 911

Temper, Temper gallery: Click to launch photosHeather Mills has been overusing the British equivalent of 911, and the police have had just about enough of her bleating. The monopod and soon-to-be-ex-McCartney Mills dials 999 (emergency in the UK) so much to kvetch about the paparazzi, that a Sussex police superintendent complained to reporters, as reported by Page Six, "Clearly, people who make lots of calls to the police run the risk of being treated as the little boy who cried wolf." According to Mills' rep, the dancer-to-be hasn't annoyed the cops and she's simply protecting herself from the paps.

Party Favors: Jay-Z NOT Drinking Cristal ... Joe Simpson Getting Forgetful ... Spielberg Gets into Comedy

Jay ZJay-Z says that even though a bottle of Cristal was brought to his table at a Manhattan club the other night, he most certainly did not drink any of the bubbly, which he famously boycotted last year. ... Joe Simpson, say Rush & Molloy, forgot his BlackBerry after lunch at the Brooklyn Diner in New York. A Diner minion ran after Pa Simpson, but to no avail. ... Steven Spielberg has his sights set on TV comedy on a new series called "The United States of Tara," about an ordinary seeming woman with two kids who happens to suffer from multiple personality disorder. The show, reports Variety, may land at Showtime.

Hollywood Gossip

Well of course Pax cried! What a scary thing for anyone, let alone a little boy who doesn't speak the same language as the woman taking him away from the only home he's known. But I have a feeling he'll be just fine once he really figures out what his new life is all about. I mean, come on! Angelina Jolie is his mom!

Joan

Well, I never liked Star on "The View" and I actually stopped watching for the couple of years before she left. I only heard about the self promotion with the wedding plans, but that sounds about right. She has always come off as an arrogant know it all and I was sick of watching her. I don't mind any of the ladies having a point of "view", but I would like them to at least pretend to have an open mind and listen to the guests or other host for their opinions, it might actually jive with viewers.
Rosie is very outspoken, she needs to be more open also, however, what really rubs viewers the wrong way, is the fact that she has a take-no--prisoners approach. I actually agree with a lot of her views, not all of them, but I think she can go over the top expressing them.

As for Angelina, give the gal a break already! She's doing a very noble thing in adopting these children that would very likely face a lifetime of poverty and neglect.
I hated when Jennifer and Brad broke up, however, there had to be problems within that marriage for it to have ended, and they both seem to have moved on and are happy.
I think that Angelina and Brad are making a very determined effort to have a wonderful union, that will probably never be conventional. But in the end, they seem happy and want to share that with their children. That's all anyone with children can really hope for.

And as for all the advise they seem to be getting about adoption from media and people like us, well, I don't think we get a vote! It's their lives and their money and their futures, I think they are making some mighty fine and selfless choices all on their own. Can't we just offer well wishes and go about looking for ways to better the world in our own back yards?
Peace to all!

chopchop

Kevin, Why must YOU PEOPLE make everything about race???? No one cares that Star Jones had a big wedding; that's not the point. She just talked about about it constantly and then bragged about getting thousands of dollars worth of free stuff. If you know nothing about the subject matter, then why comment at all. Oh, I forgot that's what BLACK PEOPLE do...always trying to get their 2 cents in on EVERYTHING!!!!!!

JolieIsFake

She has no right adopting anything. And Brad did not adopt the kids, he's a legal guardian and that's all. They only added his name to theirs. I think she's grabbing up more poor kids in order to make Pitt feel guilty about leaving when he finally comes to his senses and sees what trash he's been hanging out with.

girlwithcutehair

i am a white female that just happens to agree with Kevin on this one. Face it folks......
This country still is racist to some degree... Rosie is a big, fat, know it all..... as for as Angelina and Brad... Go For IT!!!!! all kids need love.

zombiehands

I guess Healther Mills was kicked off Dancing with the Stars already??? I would think she would be in LA perfecting her dance numbers?? If she hasn't gone...I hope she's the first one to GO!

girlwithcutehair

This comment is to tb.... you need to shut your racist ass up!!!!! It is people like you that has mad society what it is today .......... Messed up!!!!!! You should really use your time on something else. That was a horrilble assessment of the Black community. Tb you need to grow up.... One day a black person just might be the one that saves your life...Then what???

cmyman

BREAKING NEWS> ANGELINA PAID 2 MILLION FOR THE NEWEST KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was on the news this morning. usually a adoption costs a couple hundred dollars, but since angie paid 2 MILLION DOLLARS that's why her adoption papers were fast tracked. This isn't fair. There are PLENTY of good parents (SINGLE AND MARRIED) who would make good if not better parents than THIS ONE, but there lack of money counts them out or they have to go through the " process' which takes anywhere between 4 to six months. NOT A WEEK ! SO BASICALLY SHE'S RUNNING ALL OVER THE WORLD BUYING KIDS. SHE'S DOING IT OVERSEAS BECAUSE THESE PRATICES ARE ILLEGAL IN THE U-S-of-A!

AMERICAN KIDS AREN'T FOR SALE. BUT THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES THAT SHE " DONATES" TO SEEM TO ALWAYS END UP GIVING HER A KID( I'M SORRY THEY CALL IT ADOPTION). ANYONE ELSE SEE THIS?

SHE GAVE MONEY TO ETHOPIA- ETHOPIA GAVE HER ZAHARA( INSTEAD OF A PLAQUE)

SHE GAVE MONEY TO CHINA - CHINA GAVE HER MADDOX ( INSTEAD OF A PLAQUE)

NOW SHE GAVE 2 MILLION TO THESE FOLKS ANDTHEY GIVE HER YET ANOTHER KID ! ( INSTEAD OF A PLAQUE)

I THOUGHT THE BUYING AND SELLING OF CHILDREN WAS ILLEGAL. BUT LIKE I SAID SHE'S ONLY DOING IT IN THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES. GO FIGURE!!!!!

SHE IS BASICALLY A HOME-WRECKING, BABY BUYING, MESS!

mary

They didnt tell the kid he was being adopted. Jesus Christ no wonder he was upset! Idiots. Im sure once he gets home he will settle in and relax. But that was a shitty thing to do to a small child. Shame on them.

Brother Harold, S.J.

I WISH SOMEONE WOULD TAKE THAT WOODEN LEG OF HEATHER' AND WHACK HER OVER THE HEAD WITH IT!

chopchop

rene: I don't think tb was being racist. Sounds to me like they're trying to prove a point to "kevin". Now his comments seemed racist against whites. Notice how he typed "WHITES" in all caps....tb did the same back to him.

chopchop

Everybody is racist to some degree..whether it be whites, blacks, hispanics, whatever! It will never change!!! Let's just get over it and move on!!!!!!!!!
Also, Rene good luck trying to save the world against all those mean 'ol racist people. Ha!!

Cindy

Kevin was just trying to stir something up that wasn't even there...and it worked. The whole Star thing had nothing to do with race and everything to do with self promotion. She is a rich woman who didn't want to pay for her own wedding and then bragged about the fact that she got everything for free because all she had to do was mention the name of the company on the show, it was cheap advertising for them. I think the thing that pissed people off was that most of us had to pay for our weddings and didn't have the freebies that Star bragged about non-stop.

So Kevin....STFU!

Vanessa

Unfortunately, racism does still exist. Not only towards black people, but to people that are from different parts of the world.

I hate racism....most of my BFF are black, asian, spanish, etc....

I work with them, go to lunch, we go places together, and I can honestly sit here and tell all of you; I never thiink about what race they are. We just hang out and have a good time.

I'm white, and I have family member's who are a disgrace, and trailer trash BITCH'S!!!

Before, you all bash me, I'll go ahead & call myself "Cracker".

C.Orth

I am an old woman and should be use to the kind of drival I read on the remarks made about Rosie, Barbara, Star, Elizabeth, Trump, or others. I know it is frustrating to listen and see these people at their worst (that is if you disagree with them) but is it really necessary to be so cruel with the remarks? Makes me wonder about the "casting of stones". With so many people angry about what someone else does or says, seems to tell me that they themselves are pretty empty and unhappy.....otherwise why strike out?.................you don't really know these people.