Kathy Griffin Dishes on Rosie

5/28/2007 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The straw that broke Rosie O'Donnell's "View" back? According to Rosie pal Kathy Griffin, O'Donnell grew incensed when "View" producers chose to sensationalize the recent on-air fight between Ro and co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck -- with a split screen graphic. Curiously, Griffin told People, it was the show's technical decision that pushed O'Donnell over the edge. "I said, 'What was it really?'" recalled Griffin. "'The split-screen." She said, 'I don't want to do "Hannity and Colmes."

Griffin, who's filled-in twice for O'Donnell in the past few weeks on "The View," dished about Rosie's reason for leaving to a sold out crowd at Atlantic City's Borgata Hotel and Casino.

Griffin also revealed that O'Donnell's hatred of Hasselbeck might not run so deep. When Rosie heard that Donald Trump had called Hasselbeck "stupid," she expressed sadness. "She doesn't even hate Elisabeth," said Griffin.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Maureen McCarron

I have watched the view for the entirety of the series, and have to say I actually feel a real physical embarassment, including red cheeks , anytime I hear Elizabeth opening up her mouth about ANYTHING.

Michelle

Kathy Griffin speaks for Rosie? Can honestly say, Rosie has no trouble speaking for herself!! A split screen made her this angry? Does anything NOT make Rosie angry? Rosie felt sad when she heard Donald Trump called Elizabeth stupid? Rosie can call her a coward, and that's ok, however? She says she's her friend--that's not a friend. Rosie--you need to find a new way to relax--hanging upside down on that swing has done nothing for you!

TRACKER

BULL CRAP.......ROSIE DOES WANT TO BE HANNITY/COLMS..............EH IS SICH OF PLAYING ROSIES GAME.GRIIFFIN WE ARE MUCH MORE FAMILIAR.HAVN,T MISSED A SHOW IN 9 YRS,,,,,,WAS JUST WAITING FOR ROSIES....DEPARTURE AS MANY OTHERS WERE AND THAT IS THE ONLY REASON RATINGS WERE UP.WE DIDN,T WANT TO MISS HER FINAL BIG MOUTH DOING HER IN.............BIG EGO,S ALWAYS LOSE

Mel

Rosie is ill and no matter how much you agree with her and hate this President/Administration/War she should not be idolized. She should be encouraged to seek help for her destructive behavior.

“.. rage doesn't necessarily disappear when depression sets in. In fact, mood disorders may just add fuel to the fire. According to a recent report in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, about one in three depressed people are also openly hostile. Often, the hostility is accompanied by guilt, anxiety, suspiciousness, and worries about health. In addition, many depressed people have "anger attacks.” The slightest annoyance can cause a racing heart beat, sweating, hot flashes, and tightness in the chest.

The mix of anger and depression can be explosive. More than 60 percent of depressed patients who have anger attacks say they have physically or verbally attacked others during their fits of rage…”

Mel

Both are charitable:

Rosie was 35 when she founded the - For All Kids Foundation

Elisabeth is 30 and has worked with the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Making Memories Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, The Wireless Amber Alert Program Initiative, and The World Scholar Athlete Games.

They are really not so different. If you do some research, you can see that they have more in common than you think.

So let’s stop trying to put Rosie up on the cross. She did what she came to do. She had views that she wanted to express and she did just that. No one silenced her. She walked away.

ziggy

let me understand this....................Rosie realized that the public can no longer stand her ignorant ranting nonsense uneducated BS...........so now she is solicating hollywood attention seeking "B" rated talent to stick up for her.

Rosie.............go way...........far away................

don't bother checking your blog, i'm sure people are letting you know that you are no longer interesting other than the entainment we receive from reading these blogs!!!!

Village

Trump said Liz is the dumbest person on the teevee. No truer words were ever said. When Rosie has another successful teevee show, Liz will be a forgotten bit of nothing. Long live Rosie, a national treasure. We are lucky to have her.

Mel

Seems the liberals watch Fox more than the conservatives. That's probably why the are the highest rated news show. Stop watching if you don't like them, lol. Funny liberals.

Shirl

Rosie made the show. She is talented as well as SMART. The View will go down the tubes in a few years. Elisabeth is a blow hot Bush lover. She is a coward. Rosie asked a yes or no question and she couldn't answer that in one word. I agree that makes her a coward. Rosie wants the troops home as many of us do. Bush isn't finished sending troops to Iraq. More go in June. Who will be here protecting the United States? Bush started this WAR and now doesn't know how to get out of it. He should step down as our President NOW. Rosie will do fine as she always does. Her blog speaks the truth. Think about it.

Mel

HYPOCRITE: A PERSON WHO PROFESSES BELIEFS AND OPINIONS THAT HE OR SHE DOES NOT HOLD IN ORDER TO CONCEAL HIS OR HER REAL FEELINGS OR MOTIVES

YOU CAN’T OWN A GUN BUT MY BODYGUARD CAN:
During the April 19, 1999, broadcast of her talk show, she stated, "You are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun, I think you should go to prison."

In May 2000, O'Donnell's bodyguard applied for a concealed firearm permit in Connecticut. At the time, O'Donnell claimed that it was not she who requested the carry permit, but Kroll, the security firm through which he was hired.

HIDING HER OWN SEXUALITY WHILE OUTING OTHERS:
O'Donnell was talking about her own gay admission to Warner Bros. execs when she started her talk show back in 1995, and said that she kept it mainly under wraps to avoid controversy.

Clay Aiken/Kelly Ripa - Aiken not out! In response, O'Donnell said "to me that was a homophobic remark. If that was a straight man...if that was a guy that she didn't question his sexuality, she would have said a different thing".

HOMOSEXUAL BASHING VERSUS/ASIAN BASHING:
On the president's support of a constitutional amendment barring gay marriage, Rosie said, "I think the actions of the president are...the most vile and hateful words ever spoken by a sitting president."

Danny DeVito’s 11/29/06 appearance on The View. "You know, you can imagine in China it's like, 'Ching-chong, ching-chong. Danny DeVito. Ching-chong, ching-chong-chong. Drunk. The View. Ching-chong.'

I SUPPORT THE TROOPS BUT I SYMPATHIZE WITH THOSE WHO SEE THEM AS TERRORISTS:
“Don’t fear the terrorists. They’re mothers and fathers.”

On May 17, 2007, Rosie rhetorically asked, "655,000 Iraqi civilians dead. Who are the terrorists?” She further explained, "If you were in Iraq and another country, the United States, the richest in the world, invaded your country and killed 655,000 of your citizens, what would you call us?"

I LOVE THE TROOPS BUT MOST OF THEM ARE ILLITERATE CRIMINALS:
On May 1, 2007 during a segment of The View, Rosie, prompted by Ricki Lake, explained that some members of the armed forces joined because they were fleeing poverty and wanted to further pursue their education through the G.I. Bill, adding that there are an increasing number of convicted felons who currently serve in the US military. When challenged by her co-host, Rosie added she "loved the military" and wanted to see them back home.

CANCER DEFINED MY LIFE BUT YOU’RE A LIAR AND DESERVE IT:
Her press agency: Her mother died of cancer when she was 10 years old, which she describes as the defining event of her life.

Cindy Spengler, testified O'Donnell called her that night and told her that her failure to support O'Donnell was -- quote -- "as good as lying." She testified O'Donnell said, do you know what happens when people lie? They get sick and they get cancer. Spengler, who says she is a breast cancer survivor, broke down on the stand. After court, O'Donnell said she apologized for the comment. When I was aware that Ms. Spengler interpreted (come on) my remarks in the way she did, I apologized to her next morning, the first thing when I saw her. And she never ever cried about it on the phone or to me, not that I diminish her crying now, because that's an unbelievably painful thing. I know. It's the monster that took my mom.

But then she blogged…..during my deposition I was asked if lying causes cancer no I said – but truly it isn’t a yes or no question it is – like life – complex and intertwined mental spiritual and physical health all strands of a french braid did I lie when I told marty I don’t think lying causes cancer no – not to me – if that were a "real" fact we would all be dead but on the whole – do I think being a good person knowing your teammates - playing fair loyal to a t - increases your chance for health yes I do

ELISABETH IS MY FRIEND BUT SHE DIDN’T DEFEND ME:
”You’re very young, and you’re very wrong.”
“I know, but it’s the way that I’m able to be on this live broadcast and love and support you in spite of the fact that I disagree so abhorrently with most of the things you believe, so it is what I tell myself in order to not get into the RAGE I feel at at some of the IGNORANT comments, so that’s what I have to do!”
“Are you not able to hold two concepts at once?”
“You’re going to double-speak…” and later “…that was cowardly.”
Blog…. Is it true janette was caught defacing eh’s pictures ? one picture which i think showed great restraint

Courtney

Rosie is so clearly the intellectual superior to the whiny, delusional Hasselback that they really should not share the same space. Hasselback represents everything that is particularly bad about this country: Stupidity rules and just scream and yell if someone disagrees with you (much like Bill O'Reilly, Hasselback should be majorly medicated.) All of the anti-Rosie bashers have clear homophobia dripping from their words - well, their poorly constructed sentences, that is. So yeah for lucid, intelligent Rosie. Oh, and Hasselback did not step up to the plate for Rosie and is a coward....like all of the other ridiculous diehard Republicans. All of you have blood on your hands. Send the little bitch and yourselves to Iraq. NOW. Put up or shut up. I protested against going to war a full five months before we did. My conscience is clean and clear. All of you who are still backing this guy must be seriously stupid. I never thought I'd praise Donald Trump, but I applaud his remarks concerning Ms. Hasselback. Leave Rosie...you've more important things to move onto.

cooky

Rosie ran like the rat she is and is having a child like tramrum

Real American

So Rosie is really upset by Donald's comment that Elizabeth is stupid, and that is explained to us by Kathy G? I count 4 celebrities in that scenario, and a combined total of less than one brain! Why do we even care what these idiots think or say?

Celebrity Consultant

The Real Top 10 reasons Rosie is leaving the View:

1. KrispyKreme hired her as chief donut eater
2. The Michelin man needed a summer vacation
3.To film a pilot Fat AlRosiebert
4.Trump needed a new mascot for his new cow farm
5 Her ass created too many "obstruction view" only seats
6. She needs more time to prepare Jenny Craig
7. They realized her demograpic didn't own TVs
8. She needs the time to study for the make-up GED exam
9. She was hired by the new spin-off show: The View, Wide-Load version
10. To defend sexual harrasment charges from a Hostess Twinkie

Celebrity Consultant

Happy Memorial Day. Need to hire an image consultant or celebrity speaker, help your celebrity client stay on the positive size of the news, http://www.caswellsmith.com or serious inquiries gsmith@caswellsmith.com

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments