Dog Leashed -- A&E Pulls "Bounty Hunter"

11/2/2007 6:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Things keep getting worse for America's favorite bounty hunter, just days after a taped hate-filled tirade was released.

A&E has now pulled "Dog the Bounty Hunter" from the air indefinitely. "In evaluating the circumstances of the last few days, A&E has decided to take `Dog The Bounty Hunter' off the network's schedule for the foreseeable future," the network said in a statement Friday. "We hope that Mr. Chapman continues the healing process that he has begun."

Officials for the network said the series, one of the network's top-rated programs, has not been canceled. Yet.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

babygurl

SO WHAT DOG MADE A BIG MISTAKE. HE HAS SAID HE WAS SORRY. I BELIEVE HIM WHEN HE SAYS HE IS SORRY. PUT HIM BACK ON THE AIR HE WAS THE ONE SHOW THAT WAS REAL AND NOT ONE THAT WAS REHERSED. WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE? CANT THEY SEE THAT PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES AND FOR PETE SAKE HIS OWN SON GAVE THAT TAPE TO THE REPORTERS SO HOW DOES THAT LOOK. I FORGIVE YOU DOG FOR YOU ARE ONE OF THE PEOPLE DOING GOOD IN THIS WORLD AND SOME PEOPLE CAN NOT SEE THAT BUT THAT IS THEM.

MY SON WATCHS DOG AND HE LOVES THE SHOW AND I WANT DOG TO BE ON THE AIR AGAIN BECAUSE IT IS A GOOD SHOW AND SHOWS PEOPLE OUT THERE WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON IN THE WORLD AND IT ALSO SHOWS TO WHOEVERS KIDS ARE WATCHING DOG TO SAY NO TO DRUGS..

LOVE YA LOTS DOG

DANIELLE

Jean

Dog although we do not like the word that you used, you are only human. Everyday of our lives we says thing that we don't mean. I really thought that at this stage we would be over the "n" word thing, but sadly, people still, for whatever reason, hang on to it. It is just a word. Sticks and stones........ All of you out there that have never used the "N" word, raise your hand. MMMHMMM thought so.......0
We need to boycott the sponsors of the show. They put the pressure on A&E to pull Dog. P.S. I was more upset about seeing Brittany Spears without panties.

Christina

I think A&E is STUPID!!!! I will no longer watch any show on that network until Dog is brought back!!! What dog said was supposed to be said in a private conversation with his son of all people, its not Dog's fault that his son is a traider. I dont think what he said was how it was supposed to be taken. I dont feel that dog is prejudice in any way!! People just need to get over it. Dog is a great man who does great things for the greater good and anyone who cant get past a stupid mistake he made just needs to shut up!!!!!

jasmain

I really liked Dog, I never had a clue he was a racist or would even use such langauge against black Americans. I am so dissapointed but, he is white and this is how 97% talk behind close doors. Its sad but just another bitter taste of reality.

shadowwatcher

I won't watch A&E until this show is permanently gone! His lack of heart and bitter nature has been been permanently etched on the minds of discerning individuals...get rid of this horrible hero....

Julie Bell

We still get the repeats on Bravo channel in England. I hope another channel will snap up Dog and Co. Tucker should be ashamed. I just hope the money he 'earned' by betraying his loving father isn't going up his nostrils.
xx Love to Dog, Beth and the pups xx

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

better get a real job dog. and watch your mouth!

Bo

Who let the dog in, woot woot.

monique

Great! It is just a matter of time before they cancel that garbage.

My Two Cents

I like the Dog and his show. He has done a lot of good for a lot of people. This is a real shame.

dave

We are behind you Dog

OCD

I guess American has spoken and A&E was listening.

Some Faustkateer

Soon we'll be reading about the criminal investigation into his statement that you can't work for him AND date a black person. Book 'em, Danno!

Carlin

That sucks!!!!!! Love you Dog!!!!

Dog is a racist mutt!

They already yanked it off the cable schedule a day ago. Now A&E is promoting bringing back old shows to fill in the blanks. Serves the idiot right! Hope you like endless re-runs of Intervention.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments