"Idol" to Britney: Pull Yourself Together

12/17/2007 9:27 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

She might be the biggest news in pop music, but "American Idol" doesn't want any part of her -- so says its head honcho, Nigel Lythgoe.

"I would have had Britney Spears last year when I thought she was trying to get it all back together again," said Lythgoe, to Us. "Britney, at this moment in time, I don't think is well enough to do anything ... I think she needs to pull herself together."

Spears is an "exceptionally talented girl," says Lythgoe, but "needs taking care of right now."

News Vixen Lane Allegedly Slaps Up Cop

Click to read documents!The Philly news fox who infamously sent saucy bikini pics of herself to a married sports anchor is back in the news after allegedly slugging a female cop and calling her a "dyke bitch."

According to the New York Post, Alycia Lane, an anchor for Philadelphia's KYW-TV, was in a cab on Ninth Avenue in New York yesterday when she got stuck behind an unmarked police car, and her radio deejay boyfriend confronted the cops inside. When the tiff escalated, Lane got in the faces of the cops, took photos and then hit one of the cops. She was booked and charged with assaulting an officer.

Her lawyer says that Lane didn't know that the three were cops.

Party Favors: Celine Could Go On,and On, and On ... Norman and Evert Engaged? ... Harvey Weinstein Gets Hitched

Celine Dion ended her long, multi-million-dollar-grossing run at Caesars Palace in Sin City with a seemingly emotional performance Saturday, but Vegas Confidential reports that she could be back -- with Caesars leaving the door open for a return. ... Greg Norman and Chris Evert were secretly engaged, reports the Palm Beach Post, just over a year after splitting from their spouses -- all of whom were close friends. Their wedding will reportedly take place in 2008. ... Film honcho Harvey Weinstein got married in Connecticut on Saturday night to fashion designer Georgina Chapman, with Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Lopez, Quentin Tarantino and Rupert Murdoch among the guests.

Lenn K.

Britney isn't well and anyone who got that much money and keeps hanging out at the same gas station got a screw loose.

Lesbian dating

Opps, look at this idiot. I love her music but her MTV is suck.

J

Theres a spelling mistake in the article about Alycia Lane.........."her radio deejay boyfriend contronted the cops inside."...should be confronted....Just thought I would let you know.

Thanks.

Kate

Let me guess...soon GLAAD will be demanding an apology from Alycia Lane and "condemning her remarks". I can't wait for the PC knee jerk reaction on this story. As if no member of GLAAD ever used the word "dyke" before.

roughdaddy

hmmm that girl Alycia Lane is getting sexier and sexier each time she makes the news...she should move to NYC or L.A.

pat

It would be pretty funny to have contestants on that would do her songs better than her.

roughdaddy

that girl is a star

Sir Nigel Buttercrumpet

Now that Celine Pee-on has finished terrorizing Vegas she can go back to Hell where she came from. No talent skank.

roughdaddy

all zitney needs to do is get some good public relations,,,everyone will be kissing her ass again...

She looks like hell

Her comments in that new piece of crap video? "lifestyles of the rich and famous"? I'll stay poor thank you. I spend my evenings cuddling with my kids, my weekends going place with them, doing arts and crafts, family stuff. I don't screw every man in site, I wash myself and keep my face fresh and clean, I TAKE CARE OF MY CHILDREN 24/7 because I gave birth to them and I LOVE THEM. My hair is my own and I don't dye it to get attention. She also comments about a baby on her arm? When? If I didn't have custody of my children, I wouldn't be showing off all over town how independent, free and happy I was. I would be despondant without my kids, not looking for sex and drugs. Sick example of a mother. What a loser she is. She needs to get some ProActive or some Oxi Clean for her face. What a joke.

John

"Her lawyer says that Lane didn't know that the three were cops." - That shouldn't even make a difference. Does she think it's okay to slug normal citizens and not cops?

I would have leveled that chick to the ground if she got in my face. And I'm a guy.

Brit

Britney not want by American Idol, WOW why not?

alyson

TO NUMBER 8 IVE BEEN TO HER SHOW IN VEGAS, I WENT THERE JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO MY LOVINGING HUBBY GOT ME TWO PLANE TICKETS, HOTEL, AND RENTAL CAR AS WELL.MY BEST FRIEND WENT WITH ME. SHE HAS MADE ALOT OF MONEY, MORE MONEY THEN YOU WILL EVER SEE IN YOUR LIFETIME.

She looks like hell

#13, WOW, if you think that it's all about making money then that is a VERY sad outlook on life. Yeah, she's got all the drugs, money, sex partners, fancy cars (NOT fancy clothes and makeup/hair that's for sure) but NO KIDS. No thanks. I'll take making NONE of her money and keeping MY life. She's pathetic.

What are you that Stupid?

This reported bitch think she is better than anyone else? It's clear she has no self worth if she sends pictures to a married man. I hope the cop punched her back.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments