Brit's Parents -- We're Soooo Frustrated

2/7/2008 1:28 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jamie SpearsThe following statement was released to CNN's Anderson Cooper by Jamie and Lynne Spears, Britney's parents:

"As parents of an adult child in the throws (sic) of a mental health crisis, we were extremely disappointed this morning to learn that over the recommendation of her treating psychiatrist, our daughter Britney was released from the hospital that could best care for her and keep her safe. We are deeply concerned about our daughter's safety and vulnerability and we believe her life is presently at risk. There are conservatorship orders in place created to protect our daughter that are being blatantly disregarded. We ask only that the court's orders be enforced so that a tragedy may be averted."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

ImissAnna

Britney get your butt back into the hospital!!!

Greatful to be away, myself

I don't trust her parents but someone needs to step in, she is obviously a threat to herself as well as anyone in her path.

Ms. X

Wow! Enough said! Mom and Dad are showing some smarts here.

Kristina

Okay - well at least they've spoken. I've been wondering wtf? Also, UCLA ought to be ashamed of itself for releasing her. SHAME ON THEM.

Jess

No, it wouldn't be a tragedy.

ashleigh

YES!!!!!!! GO DADDY GO!!!

trainwreck_junkie

WOW

xtrip

Bitney needs to get her ass back in the hospital I feel so bad for these parents

Lola La Pistola

Wow! Must be tough for the parents. It's like watching your kid play in traffic and not being able to reach her.

tld123

I SAW BRITNEY TALKING TO THE PHOTOGRAPHERS TONITE ON THE NEWS FROM HER CAR WINDOW. SHE STILL SEEMS DRAWN TO THEM LIKE A MOTH TO A STREET LIGHT. WHO KNOWS HOW ALL OF THIS IS GOING TO END UP!

Lacy

I like Red Poppy Cafe

ashleigh

I just really want this whole situation to turn out to be the RIGHT one for Britney. I am completely saddened, shocked, and disappointed in not only myself, but the whole world. The obsession is so sad. I am sad for her family, because I know my Mom and Dad would sure as hell be doing the same thing. And at least they are putting up a fight. No matter what Britney says, they are attempting to treat her THE RIGHT WAY and not by slipping pills in food or drinks. Or opening their mouths to the paps and getting paid for sit down interviews. Sam Lufti is Howard K Stern ALL OVER AGAIN. It is disgusting. I cannot let this man ruin her. I really am praying for her at night and hope that she and the kids will one day be together. I wish there was someway I could call out to Lynne and Jamie and wish them luck, tell them to be strong, and keep fighting for their little Brit Brit. She will make it... she has to.

Kelli

Wow, I can go to bed knowing they are frustrated. Thanks for the update.

kate

people that want britney dead are disgusting and just as bad as sam

i hope the courts do something tomorrow to put her ass back in the hospital. i cannot believe i actually had high hopes she was going to get better. how foolish of me.

poor brit brit