Nightmare!

8/20/2008 11:29 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 61-year-old resurfaced at a Hollywood screening last week, looking alive.
Robert Englund
Billy Bob Thornton is rumored to have been cast as Freddy Krueger in a remake of the "Nightmare" franchise.

Robert directed a film called "Killer Pad," which went straight-to-DVD this year.

COMMENTS

BabyGirl

Just as creepy as Freddy! 1st.

Mdog

1st - hes hot!

J

I love Robert! Billy Bob just doesn't cut it in my book....get it? Cut it? Hahahahahahaha...I'm a funny bitch

Queen of the Damned

Billy Bob Thornton? Not much work to do in the make-up department.

D-Money

He lives down the street from my friend. Apparently, he's incredibly nice and spend alot of time working on his garden. I would love to see him pruning his roses with the Freddy Krueger glove! LOL

anonymous

Damn he's sexy for 61...

TMZ IS MY HERO!!

There is nobody better than Robert Englund when it comes to appearing as Freddie Krueger in the Nightmare on Elmstreet movies. He is just on another level altogether when it comes to Freddie Krueger.

I eagerly await another Freddie vs. Jason movie!

Yeddy-Bo

At least Freddy dosen't look like a pedofile!!!!!!!!!!!

duda

Love Robert Englund.... was upset when I heard BBT was going to be playing the man who has haunted dreams since the 80's because nobody can play freddy k like Robert can. He looks AWESOME!!!!

Cherrie_Blossomm

One, two, Freddy's coming for you. Three, four, better lock your doors. Five, six, grab your crucifix. Seven, eight, better stay up late. Nine, ten, never sleep again. And I made up this one...Eleven, twelve, or he'll take your soul to hell.

Yeddy-Bo

.....Thirteen Fourteen, your a MORON!!!

Lucie in the Sky with Diamonds

Is it just me or does Robert England look a lot like Pete Townsend from The Who? Just sayin...

Skippy

I've been a fan of this dude since I was a kid, I absolutely love the "Nightmare on ELm Street" movies! I spoke to him on the phone a few years ago while he was on the radio promoting "Freddy vs. Jason" and he was a very gracious and cool guy. Sad to hear they're moving froward with the series (or re-booting it, Lord knows why) without the REAL Freddy K.

wordzup

Love him, love him, love him. Robert Englund is an amazing actor! Not only does he bring Freddy alive, but he has also been in numeruous other movies that rock. They need to make another Freddy vs. Jason vs. Michael Meyers or something similar to that. He looks great for 61 years young. You rock, Robert!

Kelly

The best! And he's a really nice guy. I'm disappointed that they would even consider making a nightmare on elm street without Robert- Lame! Nobody will be able to replace how he moves his body and stances. Just won't work.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments