Republicans Lack Heart!

9/5/2008 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ann and Nancy Wilson are pissed at the Republican Party and have fired off a cease and desist letter to the McCain/Palin campaign.

Specifically, the Heart women are upset that the GOP has used their classic "Barracuda" as a theme song for Sarah Palin. TMZ obtained a statement from Heart's rep, who says "The Republican campaign did not ask for permission to use the song, nor would they have been granted that permission."

The statement goes on: "We have asked the Republican campaign publicly not to use our music. We hope our wishes will be honored."

We're told Ann was watching TV today and heard the song at the convention when Palin was touted.

UPDATE
: Twenty minutes after we posted this story, the GOP ended the evening after McCain's speech with the song, "Barracuda."

Stay tuned.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Melissa

Who are they?

Eww

Boo hoo, bitches. If the messiah Obama would have used it, they'd be pissing all over themselves with excitement.

Trac

Who are they is right?? Palin was/is awesome and I would be proud to be associted with such a "real" women!!
Go McCain/Palin!!!

meredith

is that carrot top? he really should stop "helping" hussein.

Melissa

Okay I know who they are now? I thought the big one died choking on a hoagie. Glad to see she's still kicking! I like one of their songs but can't remember the name and I remember the one song when the woman can't have a baby and tricks some guy into knocking her up and passes the baby off as her husbands. What was the name of that song?

Marie

Ummm, yeah, I wouldn't be worried about my songs being played where I don't want them to be played. I'd be worried about being healthy, losing that extra weight, and telling my red-headed sis that her face looks like plastic. Gross, I hope that these two fade back into obscurity stat.

Jeff

Gimme a break. Heart can jump in a lake. They should feel priviliged that anyone is playing their horrendous music.

Melissa

OMG I thought that was Carrot Top.

kristi

These Fat BITCHES should be glad that someone would actually still play that song...LOSERS!!!!

Mary

Both women are one-hit wonders! They should be THANKFUL that the REPUBLICAN PARTY felt sorry for their dismal careers and encouraged their group by playing their song!! Go John McCain and Sarah Palin. Mary from West Virgina

By the way---shame on Jennifer Garner from Charleston, WV for embarrassing the state in supporting her idiot husband Ben Affleck's political ambitions in the Democratic Party. TWO IDIOTS DESERVE EACH OTHER!

X Brittany Fan !

I seen these large fAtt A#2ses in concert and they stunk! I looked at their website aftterwords and see they play barbeques and small partys and have about a show a month - TIME TO GIVE IT UP. THEY ARE A COUPLE OF FAT WOMEN WEARING OVERCOATS TO HIDE THEIR DISCUSTING FAT BODIES. HEART TO FAT LOSERS.... OINK

by the way...

If all of these musical artists do not want their music to be heard...
then dont do another song and buy back all your rights to them and keep them locked up so tight no one will ever hear them!!! honestly... all they need to say is they are proud of their song, anyone can play it but we are voting for the other guys...

Melissa

Seriously the big one is still alive? I'm googling it and haven't found anything yet, but I really thought she died choking on a hoagie.

mmhromeo

They should be welcoming the publicity, they need it.....washed up hags

Jannie

No one would ever have heard of them - so they want attention.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments