TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Nolte's House Burns

10/7/2008 5:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nick Nolte's house caught fire today and he suffered injuries.

The call to L.A. County Fire came in today at 11:34 AM. When firefighters arrived, the Malibu house was burning and Nolte was trying to put the blaze out himself. We're told the fire started in his office -- some sort of electrical malfunction. Nolte's kitchen and living room also suffered minor damage.

Nolte suffered smoke inhalation and abrasions. He was treated on the scene and plans to see his doctor today.

As for the house -- there's about $500,000 in content damage, and approximately $3 million damage to the structure.

30 COMMENTS

No Avatar
1.

CO    

poor guy just can't catch a break.

2209 days ago
2.

rumorwillisisnothot    

darn

2209 days ago
3.

CORILLEA    

AWWWWW poor guy...FIRST!

2209 days ago
4.

KATHY    

So sorry to hear this! Hopefully brighter things in store for him.

2209 days ago
5.

MARC XYOUNG    

SORRY BOUT THAT MR. NOLTE 500K WORTH OF CONTENT GONE 1,000,000 OF PROPERTY DAMAGE. HOPEFULLY YOU'LL CATCH A BREAK IN 48 HOURS!!!!!.

-XYOUNG-

2209 days ago
6.

pie    

Was Nick Nolte trying to sell his house, and could not find any buyers. - Instead, Nick does arson, ao he can get insurance money. - I hope this is not the case, however, in this bad economy, this scenaro could be a possibility.

Nick Nolte was not getting those movie deals. He had to do something.

2209 days ago
7.

MercyHumppe    

"Electrical malfunction" translated out of Nolte-ese -- Fell asleep smoking after downing two bottles of Scotch.

2209 days ago
8.

just wondering    

Hey #6 - I doubt he burnt his house down, WITH HIS FREAKIN DOG STILL INSIDE, YOU IDIOT. He has had that dog for 12 years. What an ass to say such a thing!!!

2209 days ago
9.

CORILLEA    

Yes you should know he has a DOG for 12 YEARS and that the dog was in the house, why wouldn't you know that? Dumb Ass.

2209 days ago
10.

Lori    

I am so sorry...This guy has had a heap of trouble in his past. He deserves some Peace...God Bless...L

2209 days ago
11.

Dick Pudenda    

FREEBASING WILL DO THAT TO YA EVERY TIME!

2209 days ago
12.

kirbydog    

Was he drunk and passed out with a ciggie-butt burning a slow burn hole in his sofa or something????

2209 days ago
13.

lol    

DANG TMZ.. "AND HE SUFFERED INJURIES".. HE ONLY GOT A CUT ON HIS RIGHT HAND FROM BREAKING HIS WINDOW TO ESCAPE.. YOU GUYS REALLY ADD ALOT OF SUGAR TO THE KOOL AID

2209 days ago
14.

Pablo Alleycorn    

Sorry Nick!! You can stay with me if you want. My home's like little Argentina! I think you like.

2209 days ago
15.

Joanne    

To No. 6: what an a-hole you are.... I am sorry that happened to your property, Nick. I wish happier days ahead for you... I am glad you were not seriously injured..

2209 days ago
| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Around The Web